Senior Traffic Installations Technician
When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you’ll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
The Senior Traffic Installation Engineer will be responsible for installing traffic signals, including the installation and wiring of controllers, ancillary equipment and highways systems. This is a remote working opportunity, where you will be onsite 5 days a week.
What you’ll do:
- Carry out installation of Traffic and associated signal equipment
- Carry out testing of signal equipment
- Install cables and joints
- Wire cables at top caps and controllers to an agreed specification
- Carry out on site risk assessments and follow method statements
- Attend Team brief / Toolbox talks as required
- Ensure test equipment, PPE and Vehicle are all compliant with up to date certification as required.
Who you are:
We are looking for a Senior Traffic Engineer who has full proficiency in a range of technical processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable work experience, who completes a variety of a typical assignments who has experience working in the Traffic or a similar industry, who can work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Strong communication skills alongside a customer focused attitude are essential.
- Fully accredited sector 8
- Full Driving Licence
- Previous experience in a similar role.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent