NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. We provide air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
You’ll be joining a collaborative and supportive HR team of eight to provide support and advice on a range of HR activities that will enable NATS’ business areas to meet people-related performance objectives and targets.
Working closely with the HR Business Partners and Centres of Excellence you’ll provide an efficient, effective and customer focussed HR service which supports all aspects of the employee lifecycle including terms and conditions of employment, complex case management, recruitment, and training and development, ensuring compliance with employment legislation.
Building effective relationships with key managers and stakeholders within your allocated business area, you’ll develop an excellent understanding of their function and provide advice on HR policies and HR-related issues, in line with HR best practice.
This is an initial 12-month fixed-term contract based at our Whiteley campus near Fareham, Hampshire. We offer flexible and hybrid working options to suit your lifestyle.
- Complex Employee Relations case management (i.e., long term-sickness, conduct and discipline, grievances, warnings and dismissals, performance improvement etc.).
- Monitor sickness trends and implementing remedial actions to facilitate a proactive approach to absence management.
- Continuously improve the capability of Line Managers through coaching, enhancing their competence to effectively manage their teams and ER cases.
- Accurately record information within SAP HRIS and provide management information and insights on case management.
- Proactively support a culture of continuous improvement within HR, including helping to manage/lead HR case management initiatives.
- Deputise for the HRBP in their absence and support them with ad hoc project work.
Key Skills & Experience:
You’ll be a credible, impactful, and respected HR generalist with extensive experience of leading and managing complex Employee Relations cases in a Unionised environment.
You’ll have excellent understanding of UK Employment Legislation and HR policies & procedures, and you’ll be skilled at negotiating and influencing across a complex organisation.
Other key requirements include:
- Previous experience in HR policy and process improvement.
- Proactive and forward-thinking approach, resilience and can hit the ground running.
- Exceptional communication skills, good coaching style and strong facilitation skills.
- Collaborative working style, intuition, diplomacy, and good conflict resolution skills.
- CIPD qualification is highly desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
In addition to a very competitive salary, NATS offer an excellent range of benefits including a performance-related pay scheme, voluntary benefits and retail discounts, generous leave entitlement and a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme. Click here to find out more.
We have adopted Agile working to provide greater flexibility and increased choice over working arrangements, with the opportunity to work in our modern office facilities as well as remotely.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.