Health & Safety Advisor
At Telent, you will have the opportunity to be a part of something bigger. To keep things moving, to connect people. It’s important work we do. Learning together, inspiring colleagues, and making the entire organisation better. Join us and help keep the nations critical networks connected and protected 24/7.
Reporting to the QEHS Manager you will help the telent Transport business in achieving the best possible health, safety, environmental and Quality and Assurance standards in accordance with UK legislation, European Directives, telent UK operational requirements and client standards. This role will travel to sites covering the Boarders down to the M25, so if you are based within this geographic location then please apply as it requires a mixture of being at home 1 day a week for admin tasks and 4 days onsite.
What you’ll do:
- Provide a high level of Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety (QEHS) support for telent Asset Management suppliers business which operate within the Rail and Road environments.
- Monitor and improve Health and Safety behaviours and improve Health and Safety trust.
- Assume front-end coaching to the Asset Management Site Teams and supply base.
- Demonstrate a visible safety “boots on the ground” leader and mentor.
- Produce reports that identify Asset Management site staff and supplier staff QEHS issues to demonstrate continuous improvements throughout the life of contracts.
- Prioritise risk management strategies
- Ensure site staff and suppliers understand the QEHS Plans and how to implement their Safe System of Work
Who you are:
This role would suit you if you have previous experience of behavioural health and safety working on either road, rail or construction sites, along with helping to implement processes to minimise the potential for injury and promote business efficiency by having robust health and safety management systems and an industry leading health and safety culture.
- Ensure that Hazard observation techniques; Risk and preventive measures; Site operational procedures and Incident reporting are promoted to site teams and suppliers.
- Arrange and head up Asset Management events to drive and improve QEHS culture.
- Hold a recognised industry Health and Safety qualification, e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- Ideally have a recognised Client access training to enable site attendance (e.g. PTS, ECS)
- Full UK Driving Licence
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span many sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 34 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Essential Vehicle
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
Learn more about Telent:
Brilliance brought together.
We are guided by our values and behaviours:
- Be Inclusive
- Take Responsibility
- Be Customer-focussed