NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
We are looking for a Rosterer (Resource Planner) to join the team responsible for short-term planning and create, maintain, and ensure efficiency within operational rosters to provide an effective operational service to our airline customers and service internal demands. You will undertake resource planning tasks and react to short notice changes in demand and supply in support of business requirements.
Other duties include:
- Create and maintain optimised rosters for the operation, compliant with regulatory requirement and internal agreements
- Provide solutions and support to Service Delivery teams to ensure an efficient and effective roster
- Ensure efficiency in use of operational staff to avoid unnecessary cost
- Fulfil non-operational resource requests in an efficient and prioritised manner
- Ensure rostering tool is the single point of truth for all planned activities. Provide technical support to operational teams
- Maintain understanding all relevant rostering rules and their impact on the individual and business
- Act as resource planning SME to support improvement activities
Essential Skills and Experience:
Applicants should have relevant professional experience and demonstrate some or all the following:
- Experience of Quintiq workforce planner or similar resourcing tool
- Demonstrate problem solving and/or initiative focused recommendations
- Understand the nature of resource planning and working practices and the impact these have on wider business
- Knowledge of multi-skilled resource planning operations highly advantageous
- Ability to take responsibility for execution and reporting of assigned tasks within varied planning related projects
- Ability to produce well documented, high quality, technical work with clear and concise reports
- MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Highly self-motivated and quality output focused; able to work on own initiative and apply innovative ideas to problem solving
- Confidence to provide correct level of challenge where needed
- Work under pressure, adapt to varying requirements and flexible in approach to resolving challenges
- Work effectively within a team and contribute towards effective team culture; and appreciate different points of view
- Communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Continually improve business processes; proactively challenging the norm whilst maintaining an awareness of the wider picture
Additional Vacancy Information:
Interviews to be held on both 19th and 23rd February 2024.
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
We have adopted agile working to provide greater flexibility and increased choice over working arrangements, with the opportunity for this role to work in our modern office facilities as well as remotely. We also welcome discussions on flexible and part-time working arrangements.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.