We are looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer to join the Revenue and Margin Assurance (RMA) team. In this role you will be designing and building data ingestion, data transformation, and reporting solutions, critical to the success of the RMA team.
The Revenue and Margin Assurance team is responsible for reducing cost and increasing revenue through activities such as reconciling high volume commercial data, analysing business processes, and completing activities that monitor commercial and financial risks within TalkTalk.
You will be working with high volume and complex data, of every type, from every area of TalkTalk’s business and every project will expose you to new systems, new concepts, new data sets and fresh challenges. You will be locating data from every available source, ingesting it, and turning that data into usable analytics, in support of the RMA function.
How can I add value?
- Work with the Business Partners in RMA to elicit, challenge and document project and data requirements
- Explore and understand the relationships in data and map out connections between disparate data sources that are used to represent data from different applications and business processes
- Design and build data solutions that are automated throughout the entire data pipeline, from ingestion through to self-service reporting
- Develop solutions to complex data ingestion and transformation problems across every possible data source and file type
- Build self-service reports and analytics that allow Business Partners to access and interrogate their data
- Champion best practice in design, coding, and testing standards within the team, helping to implement new ways of working and to improve development practices
- Provide technical support on existing developments
- Share technical knowledge with team members and provide innovative solutions to existing problems
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Strong SQL knowledge with experience of querying large relational databases
- Experience of working across complex data sets, generated from different business processes and applications
- Experience of retrieving data from a variety of sources; large-scale relational databases, web-based applications, cloud databases, other cloud-based environments, and APIs
- Experience of scripting tasks using any programming language
- Experience with any ETL/ELT tool (Pentaho, Alteryx, PhixFlow, Azure Data Factory)
- Analytical and critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to break problems down into small tasks
- Ability to rapidly absorb new concepts around data, business systems and processes
Good to have:
- Experience of Azure SQL/SQL Server
- Experience of Azure Databricks
- Experience of Azure Data Factory
- Experience developing Power BI Reports
- Python and R experience
- Experience of business and system analysis
- Financial & Commercial awareness
- Telecoms knowledge
- Experience of working with Office toolsets (PowerApps, PowerAutomate, SharePoint etc)
- Agile Methodology experience
How will I be rewarded?
We understand the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues. In addition to your base salary, you will be provided with a company bonus/commission, pension scheme, private healthcare cover, income protection and life assurance. We also:
- Embrace flexible working
- Encourage you to participate in a development programme that will be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
- Offer free TalkTalk broadband and TV
- Provide an opportunity to participate in share schemes
- Wellbeing and recognition schemes
- Offer a range of discounts on shopping
On top of all this, you get to choose your benefits flexibly around what works best for you!
Closing Date: Undisclosed
- Salary Offer Competitive