What we are looking for:
At Direct Line Group, we continue to unleash the power of technology to disrupt the insurance market and our Technology Services team is at the heart of this! Working to provide the kind of experience and services that wow our customers, we are delivering a set of ambitious plans to transform our technology for the future, evolving the systems, platforms and infrastructure that our people use day-to-day.
Our Full Stack UI Engineer will design and build user interface(s) for business users to support data validation requirements within a new, strategic Finance Data Platform. If you would like to be part of this greenfield project whilst having fun with all the newest technologies, then we would love to hear from you!
Who you’ll be working with:
A member of the Finance Squad which sits within the Tech Enabling Tribe, you’ll take on an enduring role as our Full Stack UI Engineer and be responsible for defining and implementing User Interface for a 3-year strategic Finance programme.
We are moving into Agile ways of working. This comes with immense potential to learn, develop your skills as you initially see us through a very exciting time of change. You will be valued and looked to for inspiration, with clear goals and autonomy as well as leadership focus being part of your daily role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and supporting User Interface to support the Finance Data Platform (FDP)
- Developing and promoting deep technical expertise, insights and thought leadership related to finance applications
- Responsible for writing and reviewing UI designs
- Providing direction and support to other engineers
- Ensuring that proposed solutions are aligned with DLG and Finance architectures and road maps
- Quality assuring requirements, impact assessments, design specifications, resource estimates
- Assisting in prioritising the backlog of changes to the finance platform
- Implementing UI components using CSS, Script frameworks like Node.js / React.js / Anguar.js
- UI Design
- Back End Development including common languages like Java, .Net or C# and frameworks like Spring Boot
- Understanding and working experience of using Maven, GitHub, Jira, Confluence etc.
- Significant experience writing and utilising autonomous services-oriented REST API’s
- RDBMS e.g. SQL
- Understanding of building interactive web interfaces
What we’ll give you:
Come join us and you’ll find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names. We’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.