About Police Now
Our mission is to transform communities by inspiring, recruiting and developing leaders in policing. We are working towards a day when every community, whatever the socio-economic background of its residents, can thrive without residents being fearful of crime.
Police Now is an equal opportunities employer committed to driving diversity and inclusion in policing and within our Head Office. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, experiences and walks of life. At Police Now, our goal is to ensure our workforce reflects the communities that we serve, everyone is treated with dignity and respect as well as empowered to contribute their best. We believe that diversity in our workforce is not just a ‘nice to have’, it’s a business imperative and everyone’s responsibility.
Launched in 2014, Police Now trains graduates and career changers with leadership potential to be inspirational police officers and outstanding crime fighters on our National Graduate Leadership Programme as well as our new National Detective Programme. Police Now is a rapidly growing not-for-profit social enterprise with over 100 staff, and as such we are looking for individuals to join the team who have an entrepreneurial, flexible style and will contribute effectively to the development and leadership of this evolving organisation.
Everything we do reflects our values: Believe, Achieve, and Develop. For more information on the work we do and our values, please visit www.policenow.org.uk.
What you’ll do
Police Now are seeking an experienced, purpose driven, Finance Officer to join the organisation 3 days a week to help design and deliver an industry leading, technologically enabled finance function.
You will be working in a friendly and fast-paced team to ensure Police Now’s financial operations and reporting are efficient and compliant to enable the overall success of the social enterprise. Following the recent migration to Microsoft Business Central and Webexpenses this role will be pivotal in helping the team leverage technology to improve efficiency and accuracy.
The role has exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders both inside and outside the organisation. Candidates must therefore be clear and confident communicators written and verbally.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone with a real commitment to Police Now’s mission and values who is excited by the prospect of designing and delivering Financial systems, processes & procedures to support and enable Police Now’s industry leading programmes.
We want someone who has a passion for accounting, has an eye for detail, inquisitive and technologically confident. Someone with experience of the charity/not-for-profit sector is desirable.
- Ensure all financial processes, records and transactions are accurate and in line with relevant policies
- Working with key stakeholders and the Finance Coordinators to ensure transactions are appropriately approved and coded correctly
- Assist with the month-close process including reconciliations and standard journals
- Continual improvement of financial processes including the identification of technological solutions to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Processing timely and accurate payment of all suppliers, purchase ledger and expenses invoices
- Support stakeholders across the organisation understand their financial performance against budget
- Assist with both internal and external audit processes
- Maintaining effective communication and ensuring that all information is shared with relevant staff
- Ad-hoc projects and financial analysis as required
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a Finance function
- Confident using Microsoft Business Central (or NAV)
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft O365 suite of programmes (in particular Excel)
- Ability to plan and organise effectively to work to tight deadlines
- Strong emotional intelligence as communication and decision-making will impact all areas and levels of Police Now
- A team-player with a friendly and respectful attitude towards colleagues and others
- Flexibility in supporting colleagues
What you’ll get from us
- The opportunity to work at a growth-stage business
- A bright, airy, modern and buzzing office near Liverpool Street, Central London (Zone 1). Please note that during the Covid-19 pandemic, online/remote working and inductions will occur.
- Competitive salary of £30,000 – £40,000 per annum (pro rata) dependent on experience and location
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday each year plus bank holidays
- Sanctus coaching (private mental health coaching for the workplace)
- Access to the Vitality programme which includes healthcare benefits, an Employee Assistance Programme and discounts
- Personal Development budget (after a qualifying period)
- Participation in a pension scheme (with 5% employer contributions and 3% employee contributions
This job description is issued as a guideline. It is not exhaustive, and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Due to the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description and according to the needs of the organisation.
Applications will be screened as they are received and invited to interview accordingly. Police Now reserves the right to close the advert prior to the advertised date, should a suitable applicant be appointed. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
Please note that some roles within Police Now require certain levels of vetting or screening in order to effectively work with our partners. Therefore, we may ask you to complete this if you are successful.
Closing Date: Undisclosed
Interview Dates: Week Commencing 17th August
- Address Nationwide
- Salary Offer £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (pro rata) dependent on experience and location