NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
We have an opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our communications team. The team is responsible for delivering projects for new and upgraded systems such as Voice Communication & Control Systems (VCCSs), VHF and UHF radios, PABXs and Voice and Radar Recording systems across our airport sites.
Voice Communications Engineers here at NATS are responsible for the design, specification, implementation, acceptance, and support of designated Air Traffic Control (ATC) systems throughout their life cycle.
As our customers’ sites are based around the UK you must be willing to travel to our sites.
- Manage allocated resources to achieve project / work package objectives as set by the Head of Section.
- Advise and assist with the evaluation of tenders
- Assess technical solutions proposed in manufacturers systems.
- Prepare and maintain Project Plans and Safety Cases for less complex projects.
- Manage the day-to-day activities for the installation, commissioning, and optimisation of new systems.
- Perform acceptance testing activities at suppliers and customer sites.
- Produce and review procedures to ensure that systems are used and reconfigured in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner.
- Assist in the monitoring of operational systems through the collation of service ability data, ATC reports, status reports and in-service operating data.
- Where necessary conduct investigations into design faults on operational systems and implement solutions.
- Investigate design faults on operational systems, assist in planning and implementation of modifications to ensure faults are corrected.
- Qualification to at least HND level in electronic engineering, computer science or a similar discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience in engineering aspects of project/system management and an in-depth equipment knowledge of one or more aspects of relevant systems.
- Detailed understanding of Best Practice for Installation, Commissioning, and Integration aspects for Operationally Critical systems, including any relevant regulations or legislation
- Able to demonstrably lead, motivate and manage a small team of Systems Engineers for the delivery of assigned Work Packages and Projects
- Experience of working closely with Suppliers and Technology Partners, acting as the focal point for the assigned Projects
- Good understanding of project management techniques
- Recent experience of working in a similar Safety Critical and/or Safety Regulated domain
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
We have adopted agile working to provide greater flexibility and increased choice over working arrangements, with the opportunity for this role to work in our modern office facilities as well as remotely. We also welcome discussions on flexible and part-time working arrangements.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.