Here at Direct Line Group Auto Services, we genuinely care about what we do and strive to provide a phenomenal quality of service for our customers.
We know that our customer’s vehicles make getting from A to B that much easier, whether it’s to do the weekly shop, the school run or to get things delivered, it’s all important. We are proud that in 2018 we helped over 86,000 customers get back on the road quickly, smoothly and safely and we’re on track to help 92,000 customers this year.
What we’re looking for:
The future is ambitious now the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every single day, which is really helping us re-shape vehicle repair industry. That’s why we’re excited to be growing our teams and looking for people to join us as a
- Workshop Controller
All roles are at the heart of our Auto Services business and you’ll need be enthusiastic, upbeat and committed to delivering the best repair service.
As a Workshop Controller, we want you to bring your previous experience, skills and knowledge to the team. You will manage and coordinate the workflow of repairs within DLG Auto Services, ensuring financial, volume and quality targets are achieved, ensuring high quality repairs within company procedures to maximise customer satisfaction. The effective management of the productive and support departments, and providing the delivery of high standard of engagement, motivation and employee relations. ensuring the efficient running of the workshop to our very high standards.
What you’ll be doing:
- The management and co-ordination of productive and support staff to ensure effective repairs to meet the volume, sales, cost and customer/quality targets.
- Ensuring all Procedural and BS10125 regulations are adhered
- You will have accountability for meeting and improving on customer satisfaction targets
- You will achieve and maintain and embed all “best practice” and “lean activities” as instructed by business strategy.
- You will achieve budget sales and cost targets weekly, monthly and annually
- You will ensure all health and safety policy and procedures are followed with all staff utilising safe working practises and monitor the correct use and storage of PPE.
- You will plan departmental and site productivity by effective holiday planning, workshop loading, scheduling, motivation and performance management of the productive staff.
- You will apply Standard Operating Procedure in accordance with policy standards
- You will ensure regular 1 to 1’s and quarterly reviews are undertaken in a timely manner and ratings are correctly applied.
You would have previous experience in a similar role with the following skills/knowledge
- Experience of high volume accident repair management and scheduling
- Deep understanding and experience of BS10125 regulations
- Knowledge and experience of Thatcham repair methods
Who you’ll be working with:
We know you’ve heard this all before, but the culture here at DLG really is something else. We embrace our individuality – you’ll see it in the way that we think and work, it’s all about ensuring you can enjoy making a contribution, have some fun and be yourself in every aspect. We encourage each other to be the best we can be: no opinion goes unheard, no achievement goes unrecognised, and no idea goes unknown – we even reward you for them! We encourage our people to work together, aim higher and to be the best they can be – for customers, colleagues and the business. It’s an indefinable “DLGness” that makes us who we are, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Working within a peer group of team leaders, reporting to the site production manager as a key player in the site leadership team . Delivering quality repairs through a skilled workforce.
What we’ll give you:
Rewarding you is important to us, that’s why we’ll recognise your hard work and support you give our customers every step of the way with a very competitive salary and an industry leading reward package
Our teams are always supporting their local communities and love getting involved in charity events and family days.