Oxbotica – We are a high tech team of people looking for a Frontend Web Developer with TypeScript and React skills.
Joining an existing web development team, you will be part of a dynamic and engaged group of people from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds, working together to solve interesting and practical challenges. We maintain an inquisitive mindset where all questions are valid and each member of the team has a responsibility to support and guide all other members as we work towards Universal Autonomy.
With secure funding and commercial clients, Oxbotica provide full stack autonomous software solutions. Any environment, any time, any vehicle. The way we move people and goods will change forever. Software is the beating heart of this transformation. To survive and build compelling, competitive market positions, companies will need to adopt world leading autonomous vehicle technologies.
Oxbotica enables vehicle autonomy by engineering the software that drives them, with total freedom from external infrastructure dependency. Our software brings autonomy to all vehicles, in all places at all times.
A day in the life of a Web Developer will see you:
- Working with other software engineers to spec, design, build, test, deploy, and maintain production-ready web application front-ends.
- Building and contributing to a wide range of web-based tooling to enable autonomy at scale; such as remote vehicle management tools, data processing UIs and data visualisation interfaces.
- Learning about cutting-edge autonomous technology, approaches and datasets, then finding ways to use the web to streamline workflows and access.
- Producing high-quality, tested, maintainable code.
- Liaising with other teams within the company to understand their tooling requirements, incorporating these into specifications.
- Using and extending our existing front-end web application codebases, adhering to their code standards and structure while bearing in mind the advantages, costs, and consequences of refactoring and upgrading.
- Sharing the responsibility in ensuring our front-end web applications are fit for purpose, satisfy user requirements, and are suitable for use in production.
- Collaborating with other team members, discussing problem solving approaches, participating in code reviews and pair programming.
- Contributing to daily stand ups and other agile ceremonies to ensure visibility of team progress.
We think our successful Web Developer will possess:
- Experience with modern front-end web development frameworks and their relative tradeoffs (React/Redux, Svelte, Angular, etc).
- Experience with front-end web application testing, debugging, and profiling (Jest, Mocha, Selenium, Lighthouse, etc).
- Confident with CSS (or compile-to-css tools).
- A demonstrable understanding of the importance of documentation, consistent coding styles, modularisation, testing, automation and agile development.
- A demonstrable understanding of common attack vectors and the ability to follow best practices to ensure security when developing web applications and back-end infrastructure.
Extra Kudos and a high five if you have:
- Exposure to package managers & build tools for the web (Webpack, Babel, Grunt, etc).
- Public portfolio and/or StackOverflow/GitHub profile.
- Experience deploying web apps to cloud such AWS or Azure.
- Worked with back-end web frameworks such as Node.js, Django, or Flask.
- Experience with WebGL and Three.js.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Annual salary reviews
- Enhanced peoples pension
- Company Share Scheme
- 25 Days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays
- Regular one-on-one sessions
- Bi-monthly “show and tell” sessions
- Quarterly company communications event
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Yearly funded flu vaccination programme
We also offer:
We create the conditions to help you do your best. We do all we can to create opportunities for everyone regardless of personal circumstances. As part of this commitment, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements including:
- Part time working
- Remote working
- Extended parental leave
- Unpaid sabbatical
We work 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday around core hours of 10:00 – 16:00. This is enough for most; but if you require any extra flexibility we will do what we can to support. This role is also open to those looking for reduced hours.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are on a journey to enable all vehicles to do more – we need unique people to get there.
Knowing that diversity drives innovation, brings different approaches, ideas and points of view, we embrace individuality & inclusion and are committed to an environment where everyone irrespective of background, can be the best they can be.
We celebrate building a culture where difference is valued. We are universal – Universal Autonomy.
Help us solve one of the world’s greatest engineering challenges by being yourself.