We’ve invested heavily in building a strong digital practice that speaks directly to our mission of making credit simple. Our digital transformation has challenged us, taught us how to be creative and helped us bring to life a roadmap for customer servicing that stands alongside the best in the industry. Despite our progress, we want to do better. The Product Design practice is central to our continuous improvement.
Product Design is a team of people with various skills and expertise, including UX, UI and Content. Designers partner with Product and Engineering within a Tribes model. Each Tribe owns its own roadmap, commercials and a customer-facing agenda. Our UX Designers advise and work alongside tribe leadership and hold the reigns of the product experience for our mobile app, web servicing and agent experience. They work with engineering teams using Agile delivery, co-creating and continually optimising our product experience. UI Designers act as guardians of our brand experience, ensuring the continuity and consistency of our design language. Our Content leads craft language that builds trust, removes ambiguity and help maintain our values of simplicity even when dealing with complex financial processes.
We are all expected to collaborate with the business all the way through the delivery journey. Building roadmaps and working to identify, address and resolve delivery challenges. We’re not a digitally native business, so our Product Designers have to be strong collaborators, communicators and facilitators. Willing to work with partners across the business, demonstrating strong leadership and accepting shared responsibility for our successes and failures.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with product management, development teams, researchers, and other design team members
- Apply strategic thinking to design effective, engaging end to end experiences which balance user needs, business goals, and technological realities across platforms.
- Be an active member of the Design team, working openly with colleagues to co-create solutions, review work and maintain a high standard of output.
- Communicate concepts at a high level using sketches, wireflows, block diagrams etc. Deliver detailed designs using wireframes, prototypes and any other method you agree with partners, to effectively communicate intended interaction and design intent.
- Work with the Research and Strategy teams to plan and execute research (you may be asked to moderate and lead on research yourself).
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with engineering teams, get to know their needs, operational challenges, opportunities and cadence in order to get your solution into the hands of the user.
What we’re looking for:
You must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate studies in HCI, Design, Computer Science or other related field.
- Proven experience (in-house or client-side) designing digital products and features for mobile or desktop, native app or web.
- Portfolio demonstrating your UX design process and visual design.
- Skilled using relevant tools such as Sketch, Framer, InVision, Adobe Suite.
It would also be beneficial (but not essential) if you had:
- Experience working in an Agile development process.
What’s in it for you:
We offer exciting and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers).
Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans and a cycle to work scheme
Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. Our London office hosts a rooftop running track and was recently recognised as one of Glassdoor’s ‘Unbelievable Offices’.
What you should know about how we recruit:
We pride ourselves on hiring the best people, not the same people. Building diverse and inclusive teams is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. We want to work with top talent: whoever you are, whatever you look like, wherever you come from. We know it’s about what you do, not just what you say. That’s why we make our recruitment process fair and accessible. And we offer benefits that attract people at all ages and stages.
We also partner with organisations including the Women in Finance and Race At Work Charters, Stonewall and upReach to find people from every walk of life and help them thrive with us. We have a whole host of internal networks and support groups you could be involved in, to name a few:
- REACH – Race Equality and Culture Heritage group focuses on representation, retention and engagement
- OutFront – to provide LGBTQ+ support for all associates
- Mind Your Mind – signposting support and promoting positive mental wellbeing for all
- Women in Tech – promoting an inclusive environment in tech
Closing Date: Undisclosed
- Address Nottingham/London/Remote Working
- Salary Offer Competitive