Direct Line Group is an ambitious company employing thousands of people throughout the UK. We’re proud to be one of Britain’s leading general insurers, offering millions of customers decades of experience and knowledge. In the history of modern insurance, there has never been a bigger time for change than now and we work hard to make sure our well-known brands –Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, NIG and Green Flag are making insurance easier and better value for our customers. We know we can’t do this without our fantastic people who we reward for ideas and thinking as well as results because that’s how we can achieve amazing things.
What we’re looking for
This is a great opportunity to join the Underwriting Strategy team here at DLG. As you’d expect from a strategy team, this role is very forward focused and you’ll use your strong underwriting knowledge and skills coupled with a strategic approach to ensure we continue to fundamentally develop and evolve our underwriting approach.
- You’ll have a strategic mindset
- You can demonstrate your excellent communication and relationship building skills
- You should have a genuine passion for large-scale strategic projects
- You’ll be improvement focused
Who will you be working with?
You are reporting into Paul Hanwell, Head of Underwriting Strategy & Control and work alongside the wider strategy team. You will have the opportunity to work alongside other DLG teams such as Claims, Risk & Legal as well, and may also be called upon to represent DLG Underwriting externally also.
What you’ll be doing
Lead initiatives that drive forward fundamental developments in Underwriting risk appetite, including changes to rules, rating, fraud prevention measures, data sources and question sets.
you will use your knowledge and the analytical input of the Underwriting Trading and Development teams to implement new processes to the Personal Lines product suite.
Deliver expert technical underwriting guidance to the wider business, and develop technical underwriting know-how across the Underwriting function.
What we’ll give you
We have a strong focus on developing you and your skillset and work hard to give you the tools to do so. In addition to this we also offer a generous benefits package including family and work life balance focused options such as: fully paid maternity leave and parental leave, flexible working, insurance savings for you and your family as well as a range of other optional benefits.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
9% pension contribution
25 days holiday
50% off home, pet and motor insurance
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts – a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NI