One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big finance opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. An innovative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to make sure small problems don’t become big issues.
At Assurant, diversity helps us drive innovation in the global marketplace, and we are strong believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients & customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued significant year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies that will excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customer base.
You’ll be working with a team of very like-minded colleagues, you’ll be a decision maker and problem solver. And with access to senior leaders, your career opportunities will grow as you do. Most importantly you’ll be at the start of an ambitious growth period for Assurant across our European businesses. You might be part of a smaller business looking to step-up to the next level. Or, you might be part of a large organisation, but are looking for the next challenge. Whatever your background, this opportunity will help build all our futures.
Accountable for the management and planning of all Treasury functions and overseeing cash movement, forecast and investment.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Responsible for the management, internet banking, system administration and interfaces of bank accounts across Europe.
- Accounting support for Journal postings.
- Assist with investment reconciliation between investment reports to accounting systems.
- Report preparation and analysis for cash flows and daily position of the cash management structure, across various business units for management purposes.
- Production of 3-year forecasts across all European entities.
- Provide analysis reports for external and internal audit activities.
- Weekly and monthly report data analysis from in-house production systems, providing guidance and support across the business.
- Responsible for the function lead of treasury projects, accountable for business requirements, specifications and user acceptance testing.
- Reviewing and implementing new processes to improve the section.
- Develop and maintain control safeguards to reduce and eliminate fraudulent activity.
- Maintain professional relationship with Bank Relationship Managers to ensure efficient and successful running of accounts.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
- Treasury experience is desirable
- Internet banking experience
- Experience of insurance/warranty business and finance
- Resilient negotiator and influencer
- Manager and motivator with determination to drive change and deliver
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Good computer literacy skills
- Multiple project management skills an advantage
- Proven skills of achieving set management and quality targets with strict timescales
- Evidence of a proficiency in English and Mathematics
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description which can be found on our careers website
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big finance opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of – apply today!
Closing Date: Undisclosed
- Address Crewe
- Salary Offer Competitive