Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
Working within the Customer Experience team, you will be passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for our customers. Our Customer Specialists in our contact centre and our Delivery Specialists who deliver cars to our customers will play a key part in ensuring we always exceed customer expectations. As the Training and Development Specialist you be at the heart of delivering and updating training that enables these teams to create amazing experiences.
What you’ll be doing
- Delivering the Customer Service Specialist training – This includes general induction and new starter training, modular training throughout probation and beyond, as well as any regular refresher training.
- Maintaining, updating and delivering training around the importance of customer experience as part of the delivery of the car for our Delivery Specialists.
- Working in partnership with the internal Cazoo teams and their partners e.g. for finance and warranty to update training based on changes to any processes or policies. This includes translating any technical and financial jargon into something clear and simple that our Customer Specialists, Delivery Specialists and customers will understand.
- Working closely with the Customer Service Centre Manager and Logistics Management Team to identify any training gaps and/or requirements and create training content accordingly.
- Support the recruitment of new Customer Support Specialists and Delivery Specialists as needed.
- Cazoo will be delivering cars to customers 7 days a week so some flexibility around early starts or late finishes may be required. There will be up to 30% travel over the year, visiting our Delivery Specialists in our main delivery centre, as well as some of our regional hubs. You’ll also accompany Delivery Specialists on their deliveries from time to time to help you better understand the customer experience.
- Creating and updating digital and print training material (e.g. videos and manuals), comfortable running classroom-style training delivery and engaging workshops and role-playing activities to develop interpersonal skills (e.g. Communication channel practise, teamwork and conflict management
- Confident in delivering training and running refresher training across different media – including video-chat based sessions, digital module delivery, etc.
Skills and Experience Required
- Great communication and facilitation skills, with previous experience of successfully working in a similar role. Experience working in a start-up or small-to-medium contact centre desirable but not essential.
- Experience in the design and creation of training content (including creation of facilitator notes).
- An eye for detail and a focus on quality
- Ability to update content quickly to a high-standard, maintaining the most updated content as our processes change.
- Adaptable team player who is passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
- Great at decision making, solving problems, and thinking on your feet. You’ll be someone with a real ‘Can Do’ attitude, with an ability to work comfortably with ambiguity.
- Demonstrable knowledge of best practise training and coaching techniques
- Ability to take people on the journey and train out concepts and processes in an engaging way.
- Wants to work as part of a collaborative and close-knit team
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including discretionary annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer a 5% salary matched pension scheme, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager .
We know that diverse teams make better teams and we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.