|Position||Trainee / Junior / Connections Project Designer|
|Reporting to||Lead Design Engineer|
|Contract Type||Collective SGNF / PMSNF|
|CiP Level / Bonus||3%|
|Starting Salary||SGNF £32,320 or PMSNF Dependent on experience|
Working within a team of Designers reporting to a Lead Design Engineer, the post-holder is required to produce designs, quotations and work packs for new customer connections and diversions.
The Designer is guided by Design Policies and the Connection Charging Manual and is expected to meet all Electricity Guaranteed Standards and safety standards.
Key Responsibilities include
- Professional liaison with customers, their agents and internal stakeholders to gain the information required to complete a quotation.
- Produce designs, quotations (via SAP CRM), technical reports and work packs that comply with all the relevant Design and Connection Charging Policies and Codes of Practice to agreed License Condition and Guaranteed Standard timescales. The design process requires network analysis (via Grond – HV, Windebut – LV) and the production of detailed drawings (via Netmap).
- Working with our Network Operations colleagues to ensure that all projects deliver on their financial targets and supporting the project closure process through to financial reconciliation.
- The post-holder should demonstrate enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and the drive to give excellent service to both internal and external customers.
- Good organisational skills including the ability to plan, time manage and work efficiently
- Able to show initiative, work independently but also be a good team player with the ability to contribute to targets and support team success.
- Be able to demonstrate intelligent balanced judgement in all matters
- Ability to work in a pressured environment as part of a highly focused team with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Enthusiastic with a strong customer focus, without losing sight of safety and security of supply objectives.
- A ‘can do’ attitude
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A broad understanding of current Engineering Design Standards and Licence Conditions
- Experience working in an office based environment utilising Microsoft packages proficiently
- Customer focused with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable and highly motivated
- Able to work as an individual with minimum supervision and as part of a team to meet strict deadlines
- Able to produce a high standard of work that is both detailed and accurate
- Valid UK Driving licence
- In possession of Level 3 National Certificate / ONC in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) as a minimum or currently enrolled on the course
- A proficient user of SAP CRM, SAP CP1, Netmap, Grond, Windebut (although training can be provided)
- Organisational awareness
- Project and / or portfolio management experience
- Knowledge of Connections business processes
- Pricing / quoting experience
- Appreciation of the broader Competition in Connections market
Nature and Scope
The Connections Directorate designs and undertakes new and altered electricity connections (diversions) within the UK Power Networks Licence area. All works are customer driven and the design team have to manage their time to meet customer expectations as well as comply with Licence Conditions, Guaranteed Standards and Safety Standards.
The Designer is required to provide support to the Design Team producing designs, technical reports, quotations and work packs
The role requires access to secondary substations to carry out surveys and installation of monitoring equipment.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
- Address Crawley
- Salary Offer Starting Salary SGNF £32,320 or PMSNF Dependent on experience