Trainee Investment Manager
Salary: Competitive with an excellent benefits package
Reference Number: VAC 1762T
Please ensure that you quote reference VAC 1762T on all correspondence.
Rathbones provide individual investment and wealth management services for private clients, charities, trustees and professional partners. Our tradition of investing and acting responsibly has been with us from the beginning and continues to lead us forward. Rathbones have been in business since 1742 and are a FTSE 250 listed company.
Our ambition is to be recognised as the UK’s most responsible wealth manager and we see it as our responsibility to invest for everyone’s tomorrow. Looking beyond the short term for the most sustainable outcome. Thinking, acting and investing responsibly. In a reflection of our achievement so far, we were recognised as “ESG Champion of the Year” in the Investors’ Chronicle/Financial Times 2021 Celebration of Investment Awards.
The Trainee Investment Manager provides comprehensive support to their Investment Management team, contributing to and facilitating excellent client service. The Trainee Investment Manager supports some areas of investment related business. Whilst obtaining an exposure to investment related activity, the Trainee Investment Manager will be actively working towards gaining their regulated qualifications (IAD / RDR Level 4) within an agreed timescale. However, the primary focus of the Trainee Investment Manager is working on client lifecycle activity whilst demonstrating compliance with internal policies, procedures, and regulatory framework.
Outcomes of the Role
- Supports the Investment Management team in the management and ownership of client life cycle processes (onboarding, transfers, payments, account amendments, data maintenance, reporting, closures and estate distribution) to ensure an effective client experience.
- Assists with the preparation of proposals, presentations, performance reviews and cost illustrations for prospective and existing clients.
- Initiates trades and corporate events under Investment Management team instruction and guidance.
- Assists with Investment Management team asset allocation and model work via RID.
- Assists with the preparation of STAR reports where required for non-discretionary clients.
- Assists Investment Management team with company research, compiling literature and coordinating and attending research meetings, feeding back to the team where required.
- Assists the Investment Management team in gathering relevant information to support client suitability, preparing draft suitability reviews for prospective and existing clients.
- Supports the management and coordination of the Annual Portfolio Review and Investment Admin data for the Investment Management team.
- Proactive in engaging with clients and intermediaries in an information-giver capacity only, pre-empts issues and takes initiative to resolve. Supports discussions regarding client administration matters, whilst delivering a consistent Rathbones tone of voice and client experience.
- Builds and maintains relationships with the Investment Management team and wider functions, taking responsibility for sharing knowledge and business updates with the immediate team and department as appropriate.
- Contributes to relevant company development by actively participating in projects and committees where required.
- Self-drives and actively works towards gaining regulatory qualification
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a similar role in Financial Services, the Investment or Wealth Management industry advantageous
- Experience communicating with clients and intermediaries via different platforms advantageous
- Knowledge of regulatory environment in which we operate
- Understanding of the products and services Rathbones provide
- A 2.1 or above degree advantageous
- Work towards CISI Investment Advice Diploma Level 4
Rathbones promote a blended working approach and the role will be a mixture of home and office working.
To apply for this role, simply send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this role, current remuneration and notice period to People Resource Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life at Rathbones
We aim to become an employer of choice for the wealth management sector, to achieve this we are working hard to build a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace that motivates, develops and embraces the strengths of all our colleagues. Being part of Rathbones means you will join a team of passionate professionals in a successful culture that cares for its people. At Rathbones, we provide meaningful work, opportunities, and a voice to all.
We are committed to building a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities and encourage applications from all backgrounds. We welcome individuals who share our values – those that are passionate about client service, operate with the highest levels of integrity and have a strong results focus.
Our Rewards & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive remuneration package, which is regularly reviewed. Other benefits include company pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, company share scheme, income protection, season ticket loans and a range of other voluntary benefits.
- Address Birmingham
- Salary Offer Competitive with an excellent benefits package
- Contact Email email@example.com