R1067286 Theatre Scrub Practitioner
Bupa Cromwell Hospital – SW5 0TU
Up to £39,434 + fantastic benefits
Monday to Friday plus paid overtime
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe, is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
As a Clinician at Bupa, our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and every day.
We have belief in you to do what’s right for our patients and in return we’ll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at Bupa but thrive.
Your role as a Scrub Practitioner is to ensure that we provide the best quality service in a pleasant environment for both staff and patients whilst ensuring that a high quality, cost effective service is delivered to patients and consultant users. You’ll work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, being flexible and supporting with shared tasks.
Our main adult theatre is a busy and dynamic environment, setting the benchmark for clinical excellence. We have 5 operating suites catering for Cardiac, Orthopaedics, ENT and Ophthalmic, Plastics, General/Vascular, Urology and Gynaecology. We work with surgeons who are the best in their specialities carrying out simple to the more complex surgeries.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the positioning and preparation of a patient as directed by the surgical team and ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory.
- Prepare patients for clinical / operative procedures and provide immediate post-operative care.
- Take charge of the clinical area in the absence of an advanced practitioner, ensuring the safety of patients, visitors and staff.
- Provide assistance to the consultants during all surgical procedures whether under local/regional/sedation/ general anaesthetic.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
What you’ll bring:
- NMC Registered Nurse (Adult and/or Children).
- Alternatively, HCPC registered with a Diploma or Degree in Health Care Studies / ODP Level 3 NVQ / ODA 752.
- Experience of working within an acute hospital setting with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Scrub Nurse, you’ll be eligible for:
- One off Golden Handshake payment (T’s and C’s apply)
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various family friendly benefits
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
For further information about this Scrub Nurse role, please contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter, on 07714 073 450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address 164-178 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London
- Salary Offer Up to £39,434 + fantastic benefits