Day and Night shifts available
Salford Quays preferred location – (remote UK working also an option – to be discussed at interview)
Salary – £25,174 pro-rata + enhanced payments for unsociable hours
Part time 28 hours per week
Day Counsellors work 4x 8-hour shifts covering the hours between 7am to 12 midnight, weekends on rotation
Night Counsellors work 4x 8 hours shifts covering the hours 12 midnight to 7.30am
A bit about us
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
This role is a wonderful opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives. You’ll deliver the EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) service to Bupa clients in accordance with Bupa policies and procedures.
What you’ll be doing
- Answering EAP inbound calls and providing immediate therapeutic support to callers
- Assessing client’s well-being needs using structured mental health assessments to make evidence-based therapy recommendations
- Providing one-off counselling advice and support (not contracted counselling)
- Triaging and assessing callers to the EAP helpline to signpost for further support on a wide range of issues
- Working in adherence to professional standards and compliance with regulatory framework
The EAP service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with Counsellors working a varied shift pattern covering Day and Night shifts.
Our Day Counsellors work 4 days/shifts per week covering the hours between 7am to midnight which will vary on a 6 weekly rota basis. We offer 1 protected non-working day per week with the other 2 non-working days varying each week. You will also be expected to cover weekend shifts as part of the 6 weekly rota – currently 1 weekend in 4.
Our Night Counsellors work 4 night shifts per week between 12 midnight to 7.30am.
Who we’re looking for?
- Recognised Counselling diploma qualification (Level 4) or higher
- BACP/UKCP Registration is essential; working towards accreditation is preferred – BACP Individual or Student Membership is not sufficient
- Rich and varied experience of Counselling different sectors of and clients in society
- Preferably previous experience working on a similar in-bound telephone counselling service
- Flexible attitude to work the shifts required
- Strong IT skills – experienced using MS Teams, Skype and MS Office packages – this is a busy computer and phone-based role
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Telephone Counsellor you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance
- An enhanced pension plan and life assurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Monthly supervision paid for
- Accreditation paid for
- Three-week induction provided on Bupa policies and procedures
- Support with your CPD
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
- Address Salford Quays, Manchester
- Salary Offer £25,174 FTE (pro rata for hours worked) + unsocial hours payments