Direct Line Group is one of the top tier motor, home and small business insurers in the UK and home to some of the nation’s best-known brands: Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG. Our mission is to make insurance easier and better value for customers.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Direct Line Group as a Commercial Technical Underwriter based in Peterborough. We are looking for someone to act as lead underwriter within the business and to lead by example so that others follow adherence to strategy, high quality underwriting, and flexible trading.
- Support the delivery of New and Existing Business GWP plans in respect of NIG Packages
- Take ownership of the management large premium case (new business and renewals)
- Support the Team Leader in the creation of and implementation of a tangible plan designed to deliver the GWP results (including retention and rate carry targets) for your team
- Drive and share best practice
- Build effective working relationships with all key brokers recognising the current and potential value of the relationship
- Continually strive to improve the efficiency of your team
- Contribute to wider business activities – including support to Service Delivery Manager and Team Leader
- Support the Team Leader in crafting and delivery of a learning and development c plan to improve the team capability
- Actively support underwriting leadership within the team providing coaching and mentoring to influence underwriting and trading skills and behaviours
- Improve staff engagement and championing
- Improve own contribution through active self development
- Identify, own and handle the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role and in line with the DLG Insurance Risk framework and associated governance frameworks
- Proven insurance experience, dealing with technical underwriting in a team lead/management level capacity
- Evidence of the ability to identify trends and opportunities to ensure business growth.
- Educated to degree level or with experience in Underwriting, along with proven experience in the general insurance market.
- Ideally CertCII qualified or equivalent professional qualification
Closing Date: Undisclosed
- Address Peterborough
- Salary Offer Competitive