Vacancy: Team Leader Gardener
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary Range: £18,184 – £21,274 per annum
St Gemma’s Hospice is one of the leading hospices in the UK. The Hospice provides expert palliative and end of life care, in a quality environment, for thousands of local people each year. It is a prominent and respected charity at the heart of the local community with a large range of specialist services to support patients, their families and friends.
Working for St Gemma’s can offer a rewarding career in a friendly environment. Over 250 staff across a 4-acre site, Retail Hub and 24 Charity Shops work together to ensure that patients and their families have the best possible experience and receive the highest quality of care, totally free of charge.
St Gemma’s Hospice is seeking a Team Leader Gardener to work within our Estates & Facilities Team. We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced and professional person to be responsible for maintaining the award winning grounds and gardens. You will be required to hold a City & Guilds qualification in Horticulture.
Requirements of the role are:
– To be able to meet the physical demands of the job
– To have good organisational skills to plan and develop landscape gardens to a high standard
– To have specialist plant and shrub knowledge for species identification and care
– To be able to use a wide range of horticultural machinery and tools
– To have the ability to manage and motivate a team of staff and volunteers
– To demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the fundraising events of the Hospice
– To undertake portaging duties
If you are a passionate and committed individual who will pride themselves on maintaining our award winning grounds then St Gemma’s wants you to join their team.
To discuss this opportunity in greater detail please contact Richard Wilson, Maintenance & Estates Manager on 0113 2185533.
Please see our website https://recruitment.st-gemma.co.uk for further information and to apply online. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Closing date: 30th September 2020
Interviews held: To be arranged
- Salary Offer £18,184 to £21,274 per annum