Systems Administrator (SAS)
Staines, Manchester or Central London
Flexible working options
Full time 37.5 hours per week
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
Working in our support functions you’ll play a key part in helping our customer facing colleagues deliver exceptional standards of customer service and patient care.
No matter your role, you’ll have an opportunity to do work that matters. Making a difference to the lives of our customers each and every day.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the wider Bupa UK IT Data and Analytics Team. As a Systems Administrator you will will be providing incident management for support issues and queries across four SAS platforms and have experience in SAS Management Console and SAS Enterprise Guide and using SAS Grid platforms. Part of you role will be across projects, supporting the teams with data access, scheduling and, promoting to production environments This is a great opportunity which offers scope to develop further in Azure Machine Learning.
What you’ll do:
- To provide administrative support and aid in the development and growth of the Advanced Analytics Platforms at Bupa.
- As a member of the Analytics Platform Support team, being responsible for ensuring that the different analytics platforms are functional, robust, secure, monitored and up to date with the latest technology and capabilities.
- Perform incident management for support issues and queries assigned to the team, ensuring SLA and OLA requirements are met.
- You would also enforce departmental operation procedures, applicable security practices, production policies and support requirements to ensure that the quality of service provided meets customer requirements.
- Evaluating and recommending state-of-the-art development tools for use within the development ecosystem to achieve the most cost-effective, maximum-value solutions.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience administering SAS Platforms essential.
- Familiar with SAS applications including SAS Management Console and SAS Enterprise Guide.
- Experience using a SAS Grid platform preferred
- Experience of programming in SAS preferred
- Experience of programming in R or Python preferred
- Experience of using Linux/UNIX operating systems preferred
- Strong communication skills essential
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a SAS Platform Administrator, you’ll be eligible for:
• 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
• Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
• An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
• Annual performance-based bonus
• Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
• Various family friendly benefits
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply today
- Address London, Staines or Manchester
- Salary Offer £40,000-£50,000