Calico Enterprise’ is a values led company who through investing in local communities where everyone thrives – through innovation, strength and collaboration. Calico Enterprise, along with all other parts of the Group, have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group, to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise but the “One Calico” vision is to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
about the role
Temporary until 22nd October 2021
37 hours per week
Area’s covered: Lancaster and Morecambe
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and passionate individual to work on the Rough Sleeper/Resettlement and Floating Support Project in Lancaster. The ideal candidate will be required to work flexibly to help make a real difference to people experiencing the impact of homelessness.
Support Officer Role includes but not limited to:
- Provide floating support to previous rough sleepers housed in temporary accommodation to sustain their accommodation.
- To actively seek out, engage and assess people sleeping rough – identifying barriers and working with customers to remove barriers to accessing accommodation and support services, whatever these barriers may be.
- To liaise and maintain positive relationships with local commissioners and key partners to seek out ways to work together to best meet the needs of rough sleepers.
- To source appropriate permanent accommodation and provide resettlement support including practical independent living skills.
- To ensure all service users are supported to access specialist health and wellbeing services to meet their needs.
- To manage and support volunteers to undertake tasks within the operation of the Service.
key skills required
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to manage dispersed working.
- Commitment to providing excellent support services
- Knowledge of the issues surrounding homelessness and support networks
- Ability to challenge decisions and achieve positive outcomes for customers
- Able to maintain excellent records and a good level of ICT
- Understanding of Welfare Benefits
what you will get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays + 3 days for Christmas closure
- Generous occupational pay schemes
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for Calico Enterprise and the Calico Group, too many to mention! Calico has a reputation both locally and nationally as an employer of choice, ranked 5th in the “Inclusive top 50 UK Employees list” – an achievement we are exceptionally proud of. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/