We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
Additionally, the post holder will be required to drive forwards Joint Business Plans with suppliers to gain excellent value for money and innovations through mutually beneficial initiatives.
Additional responsibility to build on the strategy for supplier market intelligence, financial viability and due diligence is also a key part of the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to lead on supplier relationships and work with multiple stakeholders at all levels. This role will give you great exposure across Digital and Commercial and the chance to help shape strategy and innovation for DWP and Digital strategy and DWP citizens.
- Implementation and continuous running of SRM Governance Boards at both a working and strategic level ensuring all actions are tracked and progressed.
- Completion and wider roll out of supplier market intelligence strategy and supplier due diligence strategy.
- Engagement of Digital and Commercial colleagues in wider SRM supplier strategies beyond their current contracts when supplier innovation could benefit their area and proactive resolution of issues with all stakeholders.
- Completion and maintenance of SRM toolkit across agreed Tier 1 suppliers including Supplier due diligence and strategy. Creation and production of a regular Supplier scorecard for agreed Tier 1 supplier in line with SRM delivery deadlines.
- Attendance at SRM and Category team cross team meetings to ensure seamless alignment within Commercial on category plans and Joint Business Plan initiatives.
- Facilitation of full risk management and mitigation across all teams within the relationship.
- Provision of FVRA to support BCP management plans for Gold contracts under SRM agreed Tier1 suppliers.
- Completion of supplier due diligence and continued market monitoring of 5 further suppliers using the supplier due diligence tool kit. Engagement, support and involvement in supplier segmentation re-baseline and as appropriate by supplier.
- Discussion and facilitation of progress against the Digital ILM SME Action Plan through SRM and ILM channels and initiatives aimed at improving SME engagement.
- Enablement of Digital/Supplier cost savings/cost avoidance initiatives to support the CD Digital category overall savings target.
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Assertive – proven experience in influencing and leading stakeholders in a digital and commercial environment.
- Commercial focus experience in driving forwards continuous improvement and/or value release initiatives driving improvement/further value beyond current contracts with suppliers.
- Political insight – proven resilience and political astuteness in managing stakeholders at multiple levels (both internally and externally) with varied agenda
- Contract and supplier management – proven skills in management/interaction with strategic suppliers (existing and new), building positive relationships that address strategies and deliver effective performance management.
Closing Date: Saturday 13th February 2021
- Address Blackpool
- Salary Offer £61,710 - £74,000 GCO Pension, GCO Terms, up to 15% performance-related-pay available on accreditation.