R1067589 Superintendent Mammographer
Bupa Health Centre, Kings Cross, WC1X 8DU
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Up to £50k pro rata + fantastic benefits
Part time – 24 hours per week
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe, is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
As a Clinician at Bupa, our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and every day.
We have belief in you to do what’s right for our patients and in return we’ll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at Bupa but thrive.
Your role as the Superintendent Mammographer is to lead the Breast Imaging service to work in line with health assessments and ensure that a safe, high quality, efficient service is delivered to all customers and Consultant users.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for the daily management of the Mammography Service and organise the daily work programme to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Develop and maintain staff rotas to ensure optimal staff provision in the area of Mammography.
- Supervise the professional standards and operational management of all Mammographers and Radiographers who carry out Mammography, ensuring a consistent level of service is maintained at all times.
- Understand and implement all policies and procedures relating specifically to Mammography.
- Keep up to date with developments in the area of Breast imaging and take full responsibility for the teaching of other staff.
- Perform high quality examinations as required by referring physicians according to departmental policies and procedures and ensuring that all patients being imaged receive a high standard of care.
- Accurately analyse the acquired data, record results and produce high quality images for reporting.
What you’ll bring:
- BSc in Radiography or equivalent.
- Registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of radiation regulations.
- Be fully conversant with the Radiology Information System (RIS), PACS, and the computerised method of patient and examination documentation.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Senior Mammographer, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
For further information about this Senior Mammographer role, please contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter, on 07714 073 450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address Bupa Health Centre, Kings Cross
- Salary Offer Up to £50k pro rata + fantastic benefits