Staff Nurse Oncology
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington SW5 0TU
Permanent, 37.50 hours pw (13 long shifts per month)
Salary: £31,786-£38,596.70 per annum dependent on experience
plus Shift Allowance: £1,100 per annum
£2500 Golden Handshake
£5,000 towards Relocation Costs (if applicable)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Average 1:4 / Nurse:Patient ratio
We are the only private hospital in the country which is signed up to provide a Chemotherapy Passport competency (SACT) and training!
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
At the Cromwell Hospital, you can be the Nurse you want to be. With the autonomy to use your skills and strong benefits to support you, patient care can be your top priority.
Building a career in Nursing has never been easier, with good hours, you can live a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
As a Staff Nurse on the Oncology Ward, you will focus on ensuring the provision of high quality evidence-based nursing care in a clinical setting and you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and be responsible for the care the team delivers.
What you’ll do:
- As an Oncology Staff Nurse you will provide high quality physical and psychological care with compassion, and participate in the delivery of a consistent, safe service in all aspects of the patient journey whilst demonstrating a culture of customer service and manage care of allocated patients.
- You’ll need to be competent to undertake the role and confidently and safely communicate patients care needs.
- You’ll act as a Link Nurse in a designated area reporting to and from meetings / training updates and recognise the needs for DOL’s assessments, mental capacity assessment and ‘simple’ and ‘complex’ safeguarding referrals and highlight any concerns.
What you’ll bring:
- First level registration Adult RN
- Must have a current ILS certificate or be prepared to undertake the course within the first 3 months
- Appropriate experience in a Staff Nurse role
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Experience in risk assessment.
- Venipuncture, and wound care competent
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Chemo competent (desirable)
Why the Cromwell Hospital?
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Staff Nurse you’ll be eligible for:
- One off Golden Handshake payment (T’s and C’s apply)
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
The Cromwell Hospital is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to the Cromwell Hospital. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
- Address Cromwell Road, Kensington, London
- Salary Offer £31,786-£38,596.70 per annum dependent on experience