R1072438 Specialist Dietitian – Paediatrics
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Part time or full time
£45,780 – £51,393 (pro rata for p/t)
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe, is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
As a Clinician at Cromwell Hospital, our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and everyday.
We have belief in you to do what’s right for our patients and in return we’ll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at Bupa but thrive.
As a Specialist Dietitian, you shall be responsible for providing specialised nutritional advice to paediatric in-patients and outpatients. This post covers our new Skyline ward and you shall be part of the wider dietetic team, working alongside 4 other Specialist Dietitians.
The current inpatient Dietetic service consists of ICU, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Cardiology, Respiratory, Medicine, Hepatobiliary, Renal, Surgery and Paediatrics. We also cover an outpatient service which includes executive screens, Gastroenterology, nutrition support, Diabetes, Cardiology, Renal, Bariatric and Liver.
There is a lot of scope to further extend and grow the dietetic service. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible dietitian with broad experience across paediatrics to join our team. The hospital is a really supportive and friendly environment to grow and develop.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure nursing staff complete the nutritional status of all inpatients admitted to the hospital and that appropriate referrals and escalations are made.
- Recommend and deliver correct nutritional feeds to patients to compliment nutritional support.
- Coordinate patient referrals and advise patients and/or parents regarding the prescribed diet and arranging follow up appointments.
- Ensure provision of the correct therapeutic diet by ensuring regular follow-up throughout hospital admission.
- Develop and provide information resources for patients, parents and other health professionals
- Implement robust working relationships and with Catering Providers, including external dietitians, in house managers and chefs, and contribute to the planning and development of menus for paediatric patients.
What you’ll bring:
- Degree or Masters in Dietetics.
- Registered with the HCPC.
- Well-rounded general clinical dietetic experience in Paediatric dietetics.
- Experience on a ward and outpatient setting in paediatrics.
- It would be desirable to be a member of the British Association of Dietetics along with experience with FODMAP and other gastro conditions – or a willingness to learn and develop in this area.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Specialist Dietitian, you’ll be eligible for:
- One off Golden Handshake payment (T’s and C’s apply)
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion:
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
For further information about this Specialist Dietitian role, please contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter, on 07714 073 450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address 164-178 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London
- Salary Offer Part time or full time £45,780 - £51,393 (pro rata for p/t)