Oxbotica is expanding and we are looking for a talented C++ Software Engineer to join our Systems Performance team!
The Systems Performance team are responsible for ensuring that our software and algorithms run efficiently as a system, both in our own fleet and in products being deployed commercially. As a C++ Software Engineer / Software Developer with demonstrable experience in writing performant/efficient C++ code, you will join a dynamic and engaged group of people from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds (e.g, Robotics, Computer Science, and the Gaming Industry.) We maintain an inquisitive mindset where all questions are valid and each member of the team has a responsibility to support and guide all other members as we work towards our goals.
This is an incredibly exciting time for the company, as we have secured series B funding and commercial clients. Come join us as we embark on our journey towards enabling Universal Autonomy!
What we think you will need to succeed:
- Demonstrable skills in C++
- An understanding of profiling software (e.g., VTune, Instruments, pqos)
- An understanding of low-level CPU performance (e.g., cache efficiency, vector operations, efficient data structures, etc)
Extra kudos to you if you have a background in:
- Experience in writing high-performance, real-time C++ software (e.g., the games industry)
- Background in Site Reliability Engineering
- Research in robotics or computer science
- Experience in Python
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing and debugging C++ code across the codebase
- Supporting the development of the tools needed for monitoring system performance (e.g., compute and latency)
- Ensuring that any immediate performance-related issues that impede commercial deployment of systems are addressed
- Providing coding support across products and teams to fulfill this purpose as part of a team
- Collaboration and communication with other specialist teams
- Providing training on best practice across the the company focused on systems performance
- Writing design, best practice and performance reports / documents
- Annual salary reviews
- Pension scheme
- Cash allowance for healthcare
- Wellness bonus (a payment of 500CAD annually to be spent on keeping your mind and health in a positive and productive state)
- Company Share Scheme
- 23 days annual leave plus 10 days bank holidays; as long as you promise to come back!
- Regular one-on-one sessions
- Bi-monthly “show and tell” sessions
- Quarterly company communications event
We create the conditions to help you do your best. We do all we can to create opportunities for everyone regardless of personal circumstances. As part of this commitment, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements including:
- Part time working
- Remote working currently and post Covid
- Extended parental leave
- Unpaid sabbatical
We work 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday around core hours of 10:00 – 16:00. This is enough for most; but if you require any extra flexibility we will do what we can to support.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are on a journey to enable all vehicles to do more – we need unique people to get there.
Knowing that diversity drives innovation, brings different approaches, ideas and points of view, we embrace individuality & inclusion and are committed to an environment where everyone irrespective of background, can be the best they can be.
We celebrate building a culture where difference is valued. We are universal – Universal Autonomy.
Help us solve one of the world’s greatest engineering challenges by being yourself.