It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced Social Media Assistant to join us working with our titles such as Mirror, and Daily Star.
Our Social Media Assistants are responsible for driving traffic to our national and regional websites through social media, whether that be Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok or any other social networks. The role would assist the Social Media Editor by increasing traffic and page views.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Find and pitch stories informed by what’s trending on social
- Edit and post stories and videos on social pages
- Forward plan social media content and coverage
- Cover live events and breaking news across social platforms
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify trends – and communicate findings
- Help to ensure each brand’s content is getting maximum referrals from social media
- Monitor social media analytics, and produce reports
Who are we looking for?
- Knowledge of social media platforms – essential
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of scheduling tools for social media – desirable
- Knowledge of analytics and social listening tools – desirable
- A strong news sense
- Good writer who knows how to sell a story – essential
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
- Address England, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive