An opportunity has become available in our Apprenticeships department for a Skills Coach in IT to join the team on a permanent, full-time basis working 37 hours per week.
The successful post holder will provide support and guidance to a caseload of students during their apprenticeship. They will be delivering skills and assessment at the College or through visiting the student’s workplace, enabling students to gain their desired qualifications and to make informed decisions about their future goals.
This is a real opportunity to make a difference to people’s future.
If you have:
- A relevant qualification for the occupational area (level 3 or equivalent)
- An assessor’s award (e.g. A1 qualification or D32/D33)
- Some experience of teaching, training peers or transferring skills to others
We would love to hear from you!
BENEFITS OF A SKILLS COACH/ ASSESSOR:
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at B&FC.
- Salary of £26,523 (subject to pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to earn up to £2k PRP per year.
- 30 days annual leave, plus up to 8 days bank holidays (full time equivalent, subject to pro-rata).
- Auto-enrolment onto the Local Government Pension Scheme with a generous employer contribution of 14.4%.
- Opportunity to apply for funded extended study for formal qualifications (T&C’s apply).
OTHER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- COVID-Secure working environment.
- Comprehensive employee wellbeing support, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and free flu vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities including opportunities to undertake a teaching qualification.
- Financially strong and stable organisation.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT B&FC
Come and work for one of the UK’s leading FE Colleges, graded outstanding by OFSTED. We excel in offering high quality, technical and professional education leading to professional and skilled employment through strong relationships with employers. B&FC is a major local employer with over 1,100 employees choosing to work with us, we work with over 1,000 employers and have an annual turnover of £54m. Over 16,000 students choose to study at B&FC each year.
HOW TO APPLY
- Take a look at our Job Description and Person Specification to check you meet the criteria for this role.
- Click on ‘apply for this job’ to complete the online form.
If you would like an informal chat about the role or support with your application, please email Jobs@blackpool.ac.uk and we will be in touch!
- Address Blackpool
- Salary Offer £26,523
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org