Vacancy: Sister/Charge Nurse – In-Patient Unit
Salary Range: £28,467 to £38,125 per annum (pro-rata for part-time staff)
Hours: Minimum of 30 per week, 24 hour internal rotation
St Gemma’s Hospice is the largest hospice in Yorkshire and one of the largest in the UK. The Hospice provides expert palliative and end of life care, in a quality environment, for thousands of local people each year. It’s a prominent and respected charity at the heart of the local community with a large range of specialist services to support patients, their families and friends.
We are recruiting to the post of Ward Sister/Charge Nurse. We are looking for someone who is able to support and lead a team of staff to provide outstanding evidenced based care.
Working with senior staff, you will role model the St Gemma’s values and behaviour framework.
As a Sister/Charge Nurse you will be expected to:
- Continue completion of the End of Life Care Learning Outcomes
- Take responsibility for leading a focussed area of practice
- Manage a team of staff
- Develop management skills which will include attendance, supporting/pastoral care, roster management and role modelling within a specialist setting.
- An environment where we care for both patients and families
- A structured induction based on End of Life Learning Outcomes
- Regular Clinical Supervision
- Education and development within our Academic Unit of Palliative Care
- Colleagues who always strive to do their best and care for each other
- Care supported by a wide multi-professional workforce
- Opportunities to develop across in-patient, day hospice and community settings
- Great facilities including free parking and discounted meals in our Bistro
- Transfer of NHS pension (conditions apply) and competitive rates of pay
For more information contact Denise Kay or Laura Speight Senior Sisters on 0113 2185500.
Please see our website https://recruitment.st-gemma.co.uk for further information and to apply online. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Closing date: 27th November 2020 (5pm)
- Salary Offer £28,467 to £38,125, per annum (pro rata for part time hours)