- United Kingdom
- London, London
- Specialist/ Professional
- Full-time Permanent
Job Purpose and Summary
Canon UK are looking for a customer-focused and knowledgeable individual to play a fundamental role in the day to day operation of Canon UK’s London based showroom. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of activities that accelerate the progression of sales pipeline and help generate demand for Canon and our Partners.
- need the ability to be able to deliver tailored demonstrations of Canon’s B2B technology and propositions that are relevant to the customers’ needs and objectives.
- need to be well organised and self-motivated to ensure the smooth day to day operation of the showroom.
- need to maintain an excellent understanding and be capable of demonstrating all of Canon’s B2B hardware, software and services.
- be asked to monitor and continually enhance showroom processes and procedures including the approach to demonstrations.
- work closely with product marketing to maximise the upkeep, performance and promotion of the Canon portfolio showcased in our showrooms.
- help drive activities that drive new demand for our products.
- work closely with sales teams from Canon and our Partners to help move opportunities through the sales cycle.
- strive for new ways that ensure customers receive the best possible experience through our showrooms.
- share valuable feedback to your marketing colleagues on any key insight that is gathered through customer engagements to ensure we are optimising our proposition development.
- support the organisation and delivery of events run by marketing, the Canon sales channels, and Partners.
- take an active role in communicating showroom related activities via the appropriate internal and external communications channels.
- handle general telephone and email enquiries, including managing demonstration bookings and requests for print samples.
- help maintain and improve the showroom infrastructure.
- identify any opportunities to improve the showroom environment through working with your showroom colleagues.
- be given the opportunity to attend customer visits and key industry events as and when required.
What we give
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Pay – Competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked against similar roles and reviewed annually.
- Bonus – A discretionary bonus scheme that rewards you as you help us achieve our goals.
- Learning & Development – As a Company that encourages continuous learning you will always have resources and support available.
- Work & Home Life Balance – We support with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year, holiday purchase and a flexible working policy.
- Diversity – We are an organisation that delivers on a global scale, striving to create a diverse and empowered workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Health & Wellbeing – Free private healthcare, an Employee Assistance Programme, partnership with Mental Health First Aid UK with a network of mental health champions and discounted rates to Nuffield Health Gym.
- Employee discount – Up to 38% off products from our Canon store.
- Some other Benefits – Generous Pension, Canon Awards, Discount cards, Cycle to Work scheme, Season ticket loans and charity volunteer days.
What we ask
- Someone who has a strong focus on the customer.
- A good understanding of sales processes and methodology would also be of benefit.
- A general understanding of Canon’s B2B technologies.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to present to an audience.
- The ability to quickly assimilate key processes, content, and client requirements.
- Someone who is confident, well-organised and energetic.
You will need
- Be commercially astute with the ability to quickly understand the clients’ business requirements
- The ability to build a broad number of relationships
- A creative innovator who is committed to constant improvement
- Someone with a logical thought process and excellent attention to detail.
Location – London – Farringdon Street
Canon is an equal opportunity employer. Canon recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status or other protected status as required by law.
At Canon we have a clear vision: to be committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable culture where employees are valued and can thrive personally and professionally.
Canon also has a strong commitment to sustainability, encompassed by our Kyosei philosophy of living and working together for the common good, focused on reducing our environmental impact and creating opportunities to make positive social contribution.