At Direct Line Group, we continue to unleash the power of technology to disrupt the insurance market and our Technology Services team is at the heart of this. Working to provide the kind of experience and services that wow our customers, we are delivering a set of ambitious plans to transform our technology for the future, evolving the systems, platforms and infrastructure that our people use day-to-day.
Are you an ITIL qualified ITSM consultant with deep specialist knowledge of process improvement, tooling and automation? Does the thought of being involved with and leading strategic projects, stretching your innovation skills and utilising cutting edge tools excite you? Do you have experience driving and implementing change across people, process and technology from a consulting, service integrator or industry position?
If so, we have an opportunity for a Service Architect to help us drive implementation of our service strategy and build our ITSM capability!
Who you’ll be working with:
Working within our Live Services directorate, the Service Architect will work in our service architecture and design team, supporting the Senior Service Architect in delivering IT service management maturity, optimisation and automation in line with our service strategy.
Think agile, think robust, think digital and most of all, think simple. By providing a crafted experience, we seek to stand out from the competition and do amazing things for our customers. If you are forward thinking, passionate about customer outcomes and driving change across the IT value chain – this opportunity is not to be missed!
What you’ll be doing:
The post-holder will support the Senior Service Architect with:
- Developing and iterating the service strategy and target outcomes
- Taking ownership for ITSM projects, implementing our strategic, tactical and operational priorities
- Driving adoption of new and efficient ways of working across our teams
- Developing methods and tools to make the process of managing our portfolio of services more effective and efficient through the IT value chain
- Developing a service management maturity framework that delivers organisation, process and tooling capability into our IT support organisation (using frameworks such as ITIL, CoBIT and CMMI)
- Working with our ITSM tooling team to digitise, automate and integrate our processes and help the team prioritise our investments in tools and technology (ServiceNow, SNOW and others).
- Working with a team of Service Designers who work with Product Owners (or Project Managers in non-agile world) to introduce new/changed services into the production support environment in a safe way
- Taking ownership for activities required to run our function such as production of our local MI
This role will be responsible for defining our IT Service Management strategy in support of the Senior Service Architect and for developing and maintaining a Service Architecture framework that enables our teams to deploy and manage IT services in a consistent, repeatable, effective and efficient manner.
Ways of Working:
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a ‘best of both worlds’ approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. We’ve ditched the daily commute for a virtual first approach. If you do come into the office, there are exciting workspaces and zones you can use, depending on the type of work you are doing.
How much you’ll be in the office depends on your role, and we’ll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. Please get in touch with the team to discuss.
- Address Churchill Court, Bromley, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive