Norfolk and Suffolk are great places to live and work, and Reach Plc is delighted to be launching new sites for these two brilliant counties, celebrating everything that makes them so special. NorfolkLive and SuffolkLive will be the home of creativity, live news and a love of all things about East Anglia. You’ll be joining the launch team at an exciting time and will be key in building these sites from scratch – focusing on the topics audiences really care about. You’ll also be joining one of the fastest growing regions in Reach Plc – with a track record of successful new site launches over the past 12 months.
In the role you will be responsible for making sure our titles are reaching as many people as possible who are using search engines to find answers which we can legitimately provide for them. This role will provide content which meets their search needs, and also makes readers want to return and spend more time with us.
We want to ensure as many people as possible find, discover, and respond to our work, helping us to have a positive impact on the local communities we serve.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities.
This position will be home based, however due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will be required to live within this region.
What will the role involve?
- Produce editorial content which meets search needs and which will also give readers what they want
- Use search tools to research and understand the topics which people are searching for
- Identify topics which local brands can legitimately become an authority in
- Provide advice, when asked on optimising other local content for search
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor’s Code of practice
- Act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish.
Who are we looking for?
- Strong SEO understanding and skills in producing content which works in search, and also delights readers
- Strong track record in telling stories, accurately, which engage large audience
- Proven track record for digital storytelling using video, words and pictures
- Digital publishing skills – working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
- Strong ability to write as well as shoot video and take pictures
- Video and photography editing skills
- Social media skills – following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What we can offer you
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.