Staff Nurse – Critical Care / Intensive Care
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington London SW5 0TU
Permanent, Fulltime 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £33,519 – £37,989 per annum + Fantastic Benefits
£1,100 Shift Allowance
£2,000 Golden Handshake
£5,000 Relocation Cost Cover
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
At Bupa, you can be the Nurse you want to be. With the autonomy to use your skills and strong benefits to support you, patient care can be your top priority. Building a career in Nursing has never been easier, with good hours, you can live a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an internationally recognised private hospital located in the heart of Kensington, providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike.
The opening of our contemporary 10-single bedded Critical Care Unit has brought us a fresh beginning. With technologically advanced tools and a revitalised premise, we are now in search for Staff Nurses who will contribute to the continuous success of this unit and the high level of care they deliver.
What you’ll do:
Caring for Level 2 and Level 3 patients, you will come across a wide range of cases which include Colorectal, Orthopaedics, Cardiothoracic, Lung surgery, Renal Transplants, Vascular, Liver Robotics, Neuro, Maxillofacial and Medical patients. Your duties will involve but not limited to:
- Assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care for Critical Care patients.
- Work within a team, supervising and directing more junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurse as required.
- Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff, driving high standards of care at all times.
- Collaboratively working with MDT which consists of Doctors, Pharmacists, Dieticians, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Infection Control & Tissue Viability Nurses to ensure the best quality of care is provided.
- Adhere to all hospital policies, procedures, best practice and NMC codes with due care and attention
We’re here for you:
You’ll have a support network around you, giving you the time to dedicate to each patient. We operate on a 4:3 model with 2 Supernumerary in charge staff so support is always on hand. You’ll be provided with resources to develop personally and professionally, with access to internal and external courses so there’s always opportunity for you to grow and develop. We also provide a 24/7 Outreach service in which you may potentially develop to.
What you’ll bring:
- An active Adult General Adult NMC pin
- Current nursing experience in Critical Care
- Desire to develop both professionally and personally
- Team player abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ICU / Mentorship Course would be advantageous
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Staff Nurse you’ll be eligible for:
- One off Golden Handshake payment (£2,000) – T’s and C’s apply
- Relocation Costs Cover (£5,000) – T’s and C’s apply
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Generous refer a friend scheme
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Various family friendly benefits
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
To find more information, for an informal discussion before applying, please contact Joan-Eric on 07562210958 / Joanemail@example.com
- Address Bupa Cromwell Hospital, 164-178 Cromwell Road, London
- Salary Offer £33,519 - £37,989 per annum plus generous add-ons