Senior Staff Nurse – Critical Care
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington London SW5 0TU
Permanent, Fulltime 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £40,223 – £46,927 per annum + Fantastic Benefits
£1,100 Shift Allowance
£2,500 Golden Handshake
£5,000 Relocation Cost Cover
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
At Bupa, you can be the Nurse you want to be. With the autonomy to use your skills and strong benefits to support you, patient care can be your top priority. Building a career in Nursing has never been easier, with good hours, you can live a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an internationally recognised private hospital located in the heart of Kensington, providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. In shaping the unique beginning of our new Critical Care Unit, we are looking for exceptional Senior Staff Nurses who will set an exemplary care to our patients and team members, in return for generous benefit package and a supportive career pathway in hand.
What you’ll do:
Our 10 single bedded general Critical Care Unit is a brand-new state of the art facility. Caring for Level 2 and Level 3 patients, you will come across a wide range of cases which include Colorectal, Orthopaedics, Cardiothoracic, Lung surgery, Renal Transplants, Vascular, Liver Robotics, Neuro, Maxillofacial and Medical patients.
You will be responsible for:
- The assessment, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for critically ill adults.
- Ensuring that appropriate arrangements are in place for patients being discharged to hospital wards or referred hospitals.
- Acting as an effective role model and effective mentor supervising junior staff and unqualified staff in all aspects of care.
- Participating audits, projects, local teaching programmes and development planning.
- The dissemination of new information regarding new or updated clinical practices / guidelines / policies to all nursing staff
- Collaboratively working with MDT which consists of Doctors, Pharmacists, Dieticians, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Infection Control & Tissue Viability Nurses to ensure the best quality of care is provided.
What you’ll bring:
- An active Adult General Nurse NMC pin
- Completed Mentorship course (or equivalent)
- Completed ICU course
- Significant experience at a senior staff nurse level
- Currently in a substantive nursing role
- Ideally, past lead involvements in audits and projects
- Experience of supporting junior team members
We’ll support you! It’s a rewarding role, you’ll be able to see first-hand how patients benefit from your care. In this department, you’ll have a support network around you, giving you the time to dedicate to each patient. We operate on a 4:3 model with 2 Supernumerary in charge staff so support is always on hand. You’ll be provided with resources to develop personally and professionally, with access to internal and external courses so there’s always opportunity for you to grow and develop. We also provide a 24/7 Outreach service in which you may potentially develop to.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Senior Staff you’ll be eligible for:
- One off Golden Handshake payment (£2,500) – T’s and C’s apply
- Relocation Costs Cover (£5,000) – T’s and C’s apply
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Various family friendly benefits
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
To find more information, for an informal discussion before applying, please contact Joan-Eric on 07562210958 / Joanemail@example.com
- Address Bupa Cromwell Hospital, 164-178 Cromwell Road, London
- Salary Offer £40,223 - £46,927 per annum