Senior Software DevOps Engineer
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
About job area
As Xamarin DevOps engineer you will need solid C# .Net experience and ideally have had some exposure to or knowledge of MVC. The role involves the development of both iOS and Android applications so as Xamarin Developer you will need classic Xamarin.ios or Xamarin.Android. A proven track record creating commercial applications as a Xamarin Developer is essential as is a thorough understanding of OO principles. Agile is a must as Xamarin Developer along with the usual principles and tools – ideally TDD, BDD, Pair programming, GIT. Again, as Xamarin Developer C# .Net, iOS and Android are all essential.
To participate in or undertake the technical analysis, specification, estimation, development, implementation and support of software solutions, working with business users, third parties, and other IT colleagues, as appropriate
What you’ll be doing
There will be a wide range of technical accountabilities and activities performed by the job holder depending on the specific discipline e.g. Development, Support and environment Configuration.
- The job holder will be the technical authority in their domain. This could be application or technology specific
- Undertake support, development or environment configuration activities as required for discipline
- Impact assess and validate technical solutions, designs, proof of concept to ensure end to end solutions are fit for purpose
- Take part in implementation activities, change control and release planning
- Work within the application delivery standards, development methodologies and strategic architecture frameworks
- Contribute towards strategic decisions relating to software architecture
- Provide input to Infrastructure Design teams with regard to overall solution design
- Takes ownership for resolving all IT related problems within their domain, which directly or indirectly impact on the operational services or development
- Establish and maintain credibility and working relationships with other IT teams, being an ambassador for UKMU-IT within the business community, supporting a customer service culture.
- Working with product managers to refine and agree scope and detail of tasks
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Relying on a solid understanding of development patterns and practices to produce clean, testable, maintainable code
- Actively contributing to the team’s commitment to continuous improvement
- Setting up and maintaining deployment environments for production and development systems
- Understanding and addressing performance concerns
- Developing efficient and robust data and application state models
- Developing secure, reliable solutions informed by up-to-date best practices
- Contributing to onboarding resources for new team members
- Responding to customer incidents and resolving service-affecting issues
Who we’re looking for?
- Proven commercial experience developing apps with Xamarin
- Experience or significant exposure to
- Xamarin (Forms, iOS, Android)
- XAML (and other UI / layout technologies)
- Microsoft .Net Core / Framework
- Databases (SQLite, Azure SQL Database, CosmosDB, EF Core)
- ASP.Net Web API and MVC
- Dependency injection (eg ninject)
- App frameworks (eg Prism)
- Unit testing and test automation
- MS Visual Studio App Center / Azure DevOps (build pipelines, testing tools, diagnostics / analysis)
- Experience working in development, support or environment configuration
- Minimum level of technical experience required would be determined by specific discipline and technology mix for the role
- Strong communication skills, good team player
- Experience of working in a matrix managed environment, with mixed teams including contractors and outsourced vendors
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Logical approach to software solutions and problem solving
- Be proactive in identifying and resolving potential issues, and escalate appropriately
- Ability to balance BU needs, UKMU-IT strategic goals and project demands accordingly
- Able to adapt to different situations requiring interpretive and constructive thinking and a considerable degree of evaluative judgement
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or ag
- Address The Quays, Salford UK