We’re actively looking for people to join our teams, and we’re committed in protecting your health and wellbeing during every step of our recruitment process.
If you’re successful in securing a role with us, you’ll find we’ll be doing things a little bit differently and it may mean you’ll initially join our team by working from home.
During this time, we’ll work with you to make sure you have the tools and equipment you need and that you feel part of our amazing DLG team!
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) who are passionate about working with Cloud based technologies!
In DLG, SREs combine software and systems engineering disciplines to build and run large-scale, fault-tolerant systems so that users’ overall happiness with features, service, and performance is optimised.
We promote a culture of technical diversity, ownership, curiosity, learning, problem solving integrity and transparency.
We bring together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and encourage them to collaborate, think big, try new things in a blame-free environment and to work together in an agile manner, in efforts to continually improve our customer experience.
Who you’ll be working with:
Working within the Engineering Chapter within Technology organisation at DLG who are passionate about supporting the development of your technical and leadership skills.
What you’ll be doing:
As an SRE at DLG you will be:
- Owning Docker based microservices that run on AWS Fargate as well as Java and Python based applications that run in the AWS Cloud that support our insurance business
- Coding in Shell, Python, Java, CloudFormation and/or Terraform
- Implementing and iteratively improving SDLC and CI/CD technologies Providing engineering level on call support, solving real world problems, conducting Blameless Post-mortems, then crafting and implementing technical solutions to mitigate reoccurrence
- Building and maintaining operational runbooks, streamlining procedures and ETL jobs, and automating routine tasks
- Building, owning and running observability, dashboards, monitoring tooling such as AppDynamics, AWS CloudWatch, PagerDuty and ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana)
- Working in an Agile and regulated environment
- Defining and implementing SRE standards and best practices Contributing to the overall product roadmap Mentoring and supporting the career development of SREs
What we’ll give you:
Come join us and you’ll find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names. We’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.