The Parliamentary Procurement and Commercial Service (PPCS) is a service to both Houses of the UK Parliament. Parliament procures a range of works, goods and services contracts in a public-sector context requiring the highest standards of compliance and value for money.
- To manage procurement exercises throughout the procurement lifecycle, providing advice and support to clients.
- To work independently and confidently when leading procurement exercises.
- To plan and deliver the best commercial and required outcomes for the business in addition to a compliant process and result.
Identify opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and economy through procurement activity such as developing the use of frameworks and other related procurement route options.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Knowledge and experience – Procurement professional with detailed knowledge and significant relevant experience of works and/or project-related procurement to be able to offer advice and manage procurement exercises at pace, with focus and tenacity
- Ability to deliver – Proven ability to deliver procurement operations through effective client management and to develop rapport with colleagues and contacts, utilising negotiating and influencing skills to produce a positive outcome
- Understanding – An understanding of NEC contract development and management to be able to provide advice on the most appropriate secondary options and effect ways of performance monitoring
- Address London, UK
- Salary Offer £38,625