R1072014 Senior Occupational Therapist – Adults
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington
Full time, 37.5 hours per week – either 08:00 – 16:30 or 09:00 – 17:30
£40,000 – £42,500
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe, is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
As a Clinician at Cromwell Hospital our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and everyday.
We have belief in you to do what’s right for our patients and in return we’ll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at Bupa but thrive.
As Senior Occupational Therapist, you will provide a client-centred and evidence-based service to an adult in- and outpatient caseload in the hospital, with most referrals generated from oncology, neurology, orthopaedics and cardiology.
You will receive referrals from the wards including AICU, Consultant and GP clinics, as well as via external routes including self-referrals. You will be expected to be accountable for using clinical reasoning and reflective practice to undertake specialist assessment and to provide individualised interventions for each patient. This will include ongoing rehabilitation as well as discharge planning in conjunction with the wider multidisciplinary team.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a resource of specialist advice for clients, customers, and colleagues.
- Establish and maintain efficient communication within the MDT (both internal and external) to ensure a holistic and complete duty of care. This includes verbal, non-verbal, or written communication, both in expression and active listening, to facilitate accurate comprehension of information.
- Practise as an autonomous and accountable professional using reflective practise and clinical reasoning in undertaking specialist assessment to provide individualised interventions for each patient.
- Conduct access visits and home assessments within the hospital’s geographical area and liaise with community services for areas out of catchment to ensure a discharge that is safe and supportive of the patient’s ongoing care needs.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive, and timely patient treatment records and reports in line with local and national requirements for best management of the patient.
What you’ll bring:
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registration
- RCOT membership
- Have a good working knowledge of conditions and illnesses across general medical, orthopaedic, oncology and especially neurological caseloads.
- Experience in discharge planning and sound knowledge of UK community services.
- Experience in managing mixed caseloads where demands for different skills are expected simultaneously.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Senior Occupational Therapist, you’ll be eligible for:
- One off Golden Handshake payment (T’s and C’s apply)
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
For further information about this Senior Occupational Therapist role, please contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter, on 07714 073 450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address 164-178 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London
- Salary Offer £40,000 - £42,500