Senior Staff Nurse
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington SW5 0TU
£37,989 – £44,692 per annum + £1,100per annum shift allowance
£2500 Golden Handshake
13 shifts per month, days/nights/weekends (08:00-20.30, 20:00-08:30)
£2500 Golden Handshake
£5,000 towards Relocation Costs (if applicable)
Average 1:4 / Nurse:Patient ratio
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
At the prestigious Cromwell Hospital, you can be the nurse you want to be. With the autonomy to use your skills and strong benefits to support you, patient care can be your top priority. Building a nursing career in London has never been easier, with good hours, you can live a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
As an Oncology Senior Staff Nurse you’ll have our patients at the heart of each decision. Stepping up in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility you’ll co-ordinate department activities and participate in clinical audits to ensure the smooth running of the department.
You’ll assess patient needs and develop, implement and evaluate high quality and compassionate programmes of care. You’ll have the support of some of the UK’s leading Oncology consultants and state of the art technology alongside dedicated time for your development through training such as the Chemotherapy Passport competency (SACT).
What you’ll do:
- Ensure high standards of physical and psychological care with compassion, delivering a safe and caring service throughout the patient journey
- Help co-ordinate department and staff activities as required and assist with the delivery of direct nursing care
- Uphold a commitment to patient centred care and the need to work within agreed nursing standards
- Continually look to enhance the quality of care by assisting with the management of change in nursing practice based on evidence/research.
- Plan your own workload and case management, monitoring the progress of your patients and reporting any variances being accountable for nursing outcomes
What you’ll bring:
- Experience working as a Registered General Nurse in a similar setting
- A current BLS/ILS certificate
- Clinical Oncology speciality training
- Practical understanding IV use
- A history of continued personal development
- Chemotherapy competent
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring or managing colleagues
Why the Cromwell Hospital?
As a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with the purpose to help people live longer, healthier happier lives, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into our care homes, health centres, dental practices, offices and our hospital to provide better healthcare.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Senior Staff Nurse you’ll be eligible for:
- One off Golden Handshake payment of up to £2500 (T’s and C’s apply)
- Up to £5000 towards relocation costs if applicable (T’s and C’s apply)
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
The Cromwell Hospital is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely based on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can truly be you at Bupa. We want to you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance, that’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
- Address Cromwell Hospital, Cromwell Road, Kensington
- Salary Offer £37,989 - £44,692 per annum + £1,100per annum shift allowance