We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
About job area
The Senior Mobile developer will be a key part of the newly formed mobile development capability within UKIT Digital at Bupa. The role requires an expert in their field with strong proven experience of Xamarin and Mobile development. Solid knowledge of the end to end mobile development lifecycle, allowing them to define and implement the core development and delivery processes and procedures required for this development area.
The job holder will have in-depth knowledge of their technical domain allowing them to lead technical analysis, specification, estimation, development, implementation and support of mobile software solutions. Working with business users, third parties, and other colleagues to offer direction and guidance, whilst owning and driving development and test strategies and propose new directions and avenues to expand current capabilities.
What you’ll be doing
- Development of new or existing mobile applications and solutions in line with application designs, development standards, methodologies and strategic architecture frameworks.
- Provide input to solution design teams and product owners with regards to technical breakdown of applications, impact analysis and validation of proposed solutions.
- Have an ability to identify problems prior to development and present solutions to combat issues as they arise throughout the lifespan of a project.
- Evaluate existing products and solutions to propose practical improvements; taking ownership and working with colleagues and business owners to implement changes.
- Drive improvements to development practices and technical documentation.
- Investigate and propose the establishment of new technologies and methodologies that can improve development practices and products.
- Takes ownership for resolving domain specific related problems, which directly or indirectly impact on operational services or development activities.
- Manage release activities and change control alongside release and support teams.
- Become the specialist point of contact for technical and domain specific queries
Who we’re looking for?
- 5+ years’ experience developing mobile applications against multiple platforms and both corporate and consumer.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the full end to end mobile development lifecycle, include experience deploying in Android and IOS ecosystems, tools and processes.
- Strong and proven development experience in Xamarin (Native and Forms), C# and .Net.
- Understanding of alternate mobile development frameworks and techniques, native mobile development on both IOS and Android platforms.
- Experience of Microsoft App Centre and of deployment processes to mobile app stores.
- Solid communication skills from developer to business stakeholders.
- Knowledge of unit test methodologies.
- Understanding of development design principles (DRY, SOLID).
- Familiarity with development processes (TDD, BDD).
- Integration of APIs and identity providers.
- Understanding of dependency injection and other programming methodologies.
- Experience of working alongside mixed teams including contractors and outsourced vendors.
- Experience of working in agile delivery methods.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or
- Address Salford UK