R1067589 Senior Mammographer
Bupa Health Centre, 2-6 Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HD
Up to £45k pro rata + fantastic benefits
Part time – 3 / 4 days per week
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe, is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
As a Clinician at Bupa, our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and every day.
We have belief in you to do what’s right for our patients and in return we’ll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at Bupa but thrive.
Your role as Senior Mammographer is to ensure that we provide the best quality service in a pleasant environment for both staff and customers – whilst ensuring that a high quality, cost effective service is delivered. You’ll work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, being flexible and supporting with shared tasks.
This position is for our London health clinics, primarily based in our London Austin Friars site.
What you’ll do:
- Perform mammography to the highest standard with adherence to departmental policies, protocols and procedures.
- Organise workload in line with clinical priorities, working efficiently and independently.
- Maintain a high standard of imaging and patient care in accordance with the departmental standards and clinical governance.
- Carry out this role with empathy and understanding, assess the physical, emotional and mental needs of each individual and adjust technique accordingly.
- Perform quality control tests on imaging equipment, ensuring all results are within safe limits and reporting any variations to the manager.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date record keeping and partake in clinical audits.
- Promote clinical excellence in both professional and technical standards.
- Undertake other duties as and when required by the demands of the service.
What you’ll bring:
- BSc or DCR in Radiography as well as a Post Graduate Certificate in Mammography
- Registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Post-Graduate certificate of competence in Mammography
- Minimum 3 years post grad experience
- Knowledge of radiation regulations
- Be fully conversant with the Radiology Information System (RIS), PACS, and the computerised method of patient and examination documentation.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Senior Mammographer, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
For further information about this Senior Mammographer role, please contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter, on 07714 073 450 or email@example.com
- Address Bupa Health Centre, 2-6 Austin Friars, London
- Salary Offer Up to £45k pro rata