At Direct Line Group, we’re passionate about a lot of things – especially our people. And that’s why our internal communications are so important to us. Our Internal Communications team is here to bring the DLG vision and purpose to life for all our people, in a creative and meaningful way.
From running festivals to sharing stories; to connecting people with our leaders to celebrating the good stuff and supporting people through the tough stuff – there’s never a dull moment when you’re helping to transform a business. And of course, there’s also the small matter of helping our people get their heads around a whole new way of working.
As we’ve gone through a large HR transformation, we are now looking for a curious and creative Senior Internal Communications Manager to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis. You’ll define, develop, and deliver communications that help us translate our business strategy through engagement. And you’ll be responsible for strategizing our communications strategy. While you might not have any direct reports, you’ll be a leader – shaping our strategy, sharing insight and expertise and helping to coach and develop people within and beyond the team.
You’ll have loads of experience in designing and delivering new and different ways to bring strategy and culture to life. And you’ll be the kind of person who gets a kick out of working together with others to join the dots and come up with great ideas.
You’ll be commercially savvy and will know how to navigate your way around an organisation – building strong relationships with content owners and influencers at all levels. And you won’t be phased by complexity, tight timelines or the occasional tricky stakeholder.
And, of course, you should have a real way with words – delivering clever and compelling content, in a variety of formats, that always packs a punch. You’ll be developing messaging, strategy and writing for our leaders, but there’s more to it than just that.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working collaboratively to develop and deliver the overarching internal communications strategy for DLG, to support our key strategic objectives, reinforce our employee value proposition (EVP) and help evolve the culture, mindset and behaviours across the business.
- Create impactful and creative campaigns and activity that help our people engage with DLG’s vision and purpose in a meaningful way – suited to our wide audience
- Support the creation and delivery of a consistent DLG narrative for our people, creating and delivering messages and content that support that over-arching narrative.
- Write messages, announcements, speeches, briefings and features using creative, authentic language, that help to make our story engaging, interesting and meaningful for our people – being able to ‘run with it’ using pitched ideas
- Work across the team to deliver a leadership visibility programme for the ExCo, senior leadership team (SLT), and key individuals to help share our vision and purpose and inspire our people.
- Provide counsel, advice and examples to support leaders in owning and delivering complex communications, with a strategic and group-wide focus.
- Create a broad network of content owners, influencers and senior leaders across the business to support the delivery of the strategic internal communications plan.
- Support and empower a successful team – and others across the organisation – coaching and helping them to develop their craft.
Who you’ll be working with:
You’ll be working within the Internal Communications team, reporting into Clare McKenna, the Head of Internal Communications. This team sits within our Human Resources function and will work collaboratively alongside three other Senior Internal Communication Managers and a small hub of internal comms professionals.
Building strong relationships across all areas of the business, getting to know our audiences, our content owners, our influencers and our leaders is integral to your success.
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience of planning, developing, and delivering strategic internal communication campaigns – ideally at the ExCo and CEO level
- Creativity – and ability to join the dots
- Passion for finding new ways of driving effective communications – with experience of thinking outside the box
- Strong copywriting skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to define and articulate business strategy / narrative
- Experience with change comms and ability to engage wider audiences
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships with senior stakeholders, such as members of ExCo and work on your own, while also enjoying the collaboration aspect of working in a team
Ways of Working:
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a ‘best of both worlds’ approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
We’ve ditched the daily commute for a virtual first approach. If you do come into the office, there are exciting workspaces and zones you can use, depending on the type of work you are doing.
This is a hybrid role (work from home and some office-based work).
Offices where you can be based from: Bromley (outer London), Bristol, or Leeds. Although some travel to Bromley will be expected.
- Address Nationwide
- Salary Offer Competitive