Senior Hand Therapist – Bank
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, SW5 0TU
£26.55 per hour weekdays, £31.38 per hour for weekends and £35.37 per hour for bank holidays
Do you have experience and post graduate training with developed specialist knowledge and clinical skills for the management of a range of hand conditions, including confidence in splint provision and fabrication?
Are you a skilled hand therapist with the ability to provide a client-centred service to adult and paediatric patients (mostly outpatients, but occasionally inpatients) for their hand therapy management?
Get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat please email email@example.com within our Recruitment team where we can answer any questions and if interested, arrange an informal site visit.
This is a new position and provides an exciting opportunity to develop the hand therapy service in a small private hospital. Diagnoses seen will vary, but the majority would be soft tissue conditions and tendinopathies which shall be supported by our MSK physiotherapy team.
You will receive referrals from consultants, GPs, other clinicians, embassies, wards and self-referrals.
What will the role as our Bank Senior Hand Therapist look like?
- Be responsible for the hand therapy of patients referred to you and to practise as an accountable professional using reflective practise and clinical reasoning in order to provide an individualised treatment programme for each patient.
- Ensure ongoing and long-term care for the patient by liaising with external support services and other clinicians.
- Advise patients on return to work, leisure, functional, sporting and other activities.
- Obtain informed, valid consent on an ongoing basis which endeavours to keep them involved in their own health care plan. This includes education to support ongoing management.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive and timely patient treatment records which include recording if a patient could not be seen/was not seen.
- Ensure clear and efficient communication, whether verbal, non-verbal or written, both in expression and active listening, to facilitate comprehension of information
- Comply with confidentiality policies as set out by the Cromwell Hospital, HCPC and the CSP or RCOT.
What we’re looking for:
- HCPC registration.
- Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy qualification.
- BAHT qualification is desirable.
- Proven experience as a hand therapist with skills in all aspects of hand therapy.
- Solid and confident splinting skill – both provision and fabrication of splints.
- Awareness of current evidence pertaining to hand therapy and application to clinical practice.
- UK work experience.
- Experience of using outcome measures.
Why Bupa? What’s in it for you?
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
These benefits have been carefully crafted to really make a difference to our people’s lives, supporting a work-life balance whilst keeping focus on mental and physical wellbeing:
- Equivalent to 20 days annual leave per year, accrued on a monthly basis based on the number of hours worked each month from commencement of employment.
- Discounted private medical insurance to help you keep fit and healthy.
- Various family friendly benefits and discounts online from shopping, entertainment, eating out and insurance cover.
- Subsidised staff canteen and coffee shop lead by expert caterers.
- Subsidised gym membership to aid your physical and mental wellbeing.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
Get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat please email firstname.lastname@example.org within our Recruitment team where we can answer any questions or, if interested, arrange an informal site visit.
- Address Cromwell Hospital, Kensington
- Salary Offer £26.55 per hour weekdays, £31.38 per hour for weekends and £35.37 per hour for bank holidays
- Contact Email email@example.com