Cyber security is an integral part of the corporate culture at Capital One. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in financial services, that we safeguard information, protect it from unauthorised access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Information Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
As part of the global Cyber team, you will be passionate about cyber security and risk management. You see security as an enabler and differentiator to support the business through innovation, not a step in the compliance process.
As a Senior Cyber Engineer in the global Cyber Engineering perimeter defense team, you’ll be part of a collaborative Cyber Engineering team responsible for building and deploying platforms. You will use your technical expertise as well as embracing new and emerging technologies to deliver robust security solutions, whilst ensuring that Information Security remains an integral part of the corporate culture at Capital One.
About the role
- Drive the implementation of Enterprise-wide Perimeter Engineering program objectives to protect Capital One
- Build robust system solutions to meet perimeter security requirements at scale
- Work with product and architecture teams to influence/define product strategy, roadmaps. Assess, report on, and make recommendations
- Understand business requirements and provide recommendations for building scalable systems to meet Capital One’s functional and non-functional requirements
- Deliver on day-to-day commitments of Web Application Firewall operations
- Prior experience working with perimeter protection eg. Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) and BOT protection)
- Experience in deploying and operating cyber security solutions with the ability to demonstrate an understanding of cloud network security fundamentals
- Have experience working with large scale systems through design, implementation, and operational activities
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies including VPC, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3
- Use of monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, DataDog, Splunk, New Relic
- Expertise in automation tooling and techniques including AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Python, Jenkins
Any of these would also be great
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Information Security
- Vendor, product, methodology and/or industry certifications
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Address London, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive
- Contact Email email@example.com