We’re actively looking for people to join our teams and we’re committed in protecting your health and wellbeing during every step of our recruitment process. If you’re successful in securing a role with us you’ll find we’ll be doing things a little bit differently and it may mean you’ll initially join our team by working from home. During this time we’ll work with you to make sure you have the tools and equipment you need and that you feel part of our amazing DLG team!
Are you a dedicated and passionate Technology enthusiast with experience of AWS, Terraform, Python and Cloud formation?
You will be instrumental in building out the Direct Line Group Core Cloud enabling services, making use of Infrastructure as Code and automation to accelerate the journey. As part of that initiative you will help us move to cloud-native technologies and work with born in the cloud technology partners.
Our vision is a world where insurance is personal, inclusive and a force for good. We help people carry on with their lives, giving them peace of mind now and in the future. We do that by providing amazing, evolving products and services that are just what people need. In this new and exciting, always challenging ourselves to drive innovation, agility and new dynamic ways of working.
Who you’ll be working with:
Platform Engineering is helping to build the next generation enabling services that will run the DLG of the future. It forms part of the wider Application Development & Maintenance function, but has close ties into operational aspects, security and architecture; and is seen as a trusted partner and collaborator by those functions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing your expertise to build core services to be consumed by Projects (e.g. landing zones, Security controls, governance automation & Core networking) to cloud best practice.
- Liaising with projects to help them consume services in an appropriate and governed manner
- Working with internal and external suppliers to design and build the configuration management, release, deployment and operations cycle to meet business requirements.
- Amplifying feedback loops – and increase the frequency – through the automation
- Working with Architecture, Security and Other key teams to create pattern based best practice approaches to delivery.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in the development and continuous deployment of applications.
- Terraform, Cloud formation and Python – essential
- Excellent AWS skills – both depth and breadth of services – Certified preferred
- Clear and opinionated understanding of cloud (AWS) best practice
- Understanding of security and governance in the Cloud using native services – preferred
- Usage and implementation of CI/CD pipelines to deliver continuous improvement – essential
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills
What we’ll give you:
Come join us and you’ll find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names. We’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.
- Address London
- Salary Offer Competitive