What we are looking for:
At Direct Line Group, we continue to unleash the power of technology to disrupt the insurance market and our technology team is at the heart of this! Working to provide the kind of experience and services that wow our customers, we are delivering a set of ambitious plans to transform our technology for the future, evolving the systems, platforms and infrastructure that our people use day-to-day.
Do you have experience of AWS and Python? We have a Senior DevOps Engineer vacancy so apply directly to be part of this greenfield project whilst having fun with all the newest technologies.
Who you’ll be working with:
A member of the Finance Informatica Squad which sits within the Tech Enabling Tribe, you’ll take on an enduring role as our Senior DevOps Engineer on the Finance Data Platform application (FDP) within the overall delivery of a 3-year strategic finance programme.
We are moving into Agile ways of working. This comes with immense potential to learn, develop your skills as you initially see us through a very exciting time of change. You will be valued and looked to for inspiration, with clear goals and autonomy as well as leadership focus being part of your daily role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain and monitor the core services like EC2 instances, VPC, RDS, Aurora, Redshift, IAM, Containerisation using Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Working with internal and external suppliers to craft and build the configuration management, release, deployment and operations cycle to meet business requirements.
- Ensure broader understanding of DevOps in the organisation and how the organisation can adopt alternative ways of working (behavioural and not just technical).
- Influence projects to develop in ways that enable architecture reusability (e.g. containerisation and microservices).
- Engage, support and oversee suppliers and the productionisation of reusable services across projects (e.g. cloud provision).
- Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in the development and continuous deployment of applications.
What you’ll need:
- Cloud experience using AWS – EC2, VPC, CloudWatch, API Gateway, S3 etc.
- RDBMS knowledge of access roles, provisioning, performance monitoring and PL/SQL on – Aurora Postgre, Oracle.
- Hands on experience of using Shell scripting and/or Python.
- Working experience of CI/CD pipeline using AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy and/or Jenkins.
- Development team is using agile delivery methods so working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence is preferred.
What we’ll give you:
Come join us and you’ll find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names. We’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.