We’re looking for a creative and customer focused Senior Data Scientist to join our Retail Pricing team, supporting the development and delivery of our street pricing strategy.
Using some of the most advanced machine learning, statistical and optimisation techniques to model our customer’s behaviour and continue driving commercial performance.
What we’re looking for:
As a leading insurer this role is critical to our delivery and success, you will have a customer focus to spot profit opportunities and think creatively to solve business problems.
You will have a degree (Masters and above preferred) in a numerical discipline, with experience in delivering data science solutions to real world problems.
You will have strong track record working with SQL, Python/R and Git with large or complex dataset experience, and practical predictive modelling whether statistical (GLM) or machine learning, deploying slick models into production.
Familiarity with a range of CI/CD, automation and containerisation tools such as Jenkins/Linux/Java/Scala/Snowflake and Hadoop (Hive/Spark) will be valuable.
You will have a passion for coaching and inspiring junior data science and pricing colleagues and enjoy sharing new ideas to engage and enthuse some of our most senior stakeholders.
How you will make a difference:
- Identifying, evaluating and implementing new sources of data to improve our models, as well as wringing more value from existing sources with insightful feature engineering
- Digging into test results and investigating the accuracy of predicted outcomes, to identify opportunities for improvement
- Reviewing the data, analytical and modelling outputs of the team, to ensure our high standards are met
- Leading and developing the data scientist colleagues, delivering change across the business.
Supporting our pricing, data science and analytical teams to deliver optimised prices in a fast paced and highly competitive price comparison market.
A key role in our pricing leadership team, finding new ideas and techniques to keep our pricing capability one step ahead of the market.
Based at either our London Cannon Street or Bexhill group head office, with the flexibility to work from home.
What we will give you;
This a real opportunity to make the role your own, whilst making a difference in a fast-paced, flexible and delivery focussed environment.
Some of the great benefits we will give you;
- Highly competitive basic salary
- £5k car allowance
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- 27 days holiday and bank holidays (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
- Address Bexhill, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive