We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our MOJ commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
This position will be pivotal in providing the analysis and data for
commercial colleagues to make the correct recommendations to their clients.
- Developing the management and delivery of supplier/market
analysis of existing and future markets/suppliers related to the
delivery of Probation Services
- Development and production of market intelligence reports and tracking tools to inform procurement strategies and routes to
- Creation and management of supplier risk assessment and supplier intelligence gathering, using the most appropriate tools and techniques;
- Working closely with stakeholders to establish effective, working relationships; Managing complex stakeholder relationships;
- Along with Senior Commercial Managers develop and embed the data for SLA [Service Level Agreements] and KPI [Key Performance Indicators] for the contracts being managed within the regions;
- Planning and developing commercial strategies and business cases to meet business needs;
- Liaising with colleagues across government to share knowledge and best practice;
- Acting as a Commercial Subject Matter Expert to support Senior Commercial Managers in providing relevant and appropriate advice as and when required to their regional stakeholders to aid decision making, and value for money outcomes.
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Commercial Focus – In-depth procurement / contract management knowledge that has helped deliver outstanding value for money and great commercial outcomes.
- Builds Relationships – Proven experience influencing senior internal and external stakeholders and enhancing stakeholder relationships. Engaging effectively with users to truly understand their requirements.
- Coaching Manager – Strong leadership ability which has developed high performing remote teams and has been used to manage projects.
- Market Insight & Analysis –Evidence of being able to interrogate data to produce meaningful commercial insights which aid commercial decision making.
- Decisive – Being able to make recommendations that stand up to scrutiny, in particular experience of presenting information that helps improve processes.
Closing Date: 21st February 2021
- Address Leeds, London, Manchester
- Salary Offer £61,710 - £74,000 GCO Pension, GCO Terms- up to 15% performance-related-pay available on accreditation.