We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our MOJ commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
Both positions will have the typical contract and procurement tasks that you would expect, however there will be a focus on strategic development and implementation of the future delivery models.
Strong relationships skills are paramount, due to the varied stakeholder engagement these roles will entail. There sill also be the opportunity to work closely with key suppliers, analysing their performance and helping them to create further innovative solutions that will help deliver a great service and cost savings.
Amongst the expected responsibilities will be: –
- Delivery – Ensuring robust management of commercial delivery against the contract;
- Contingency Planning – Leading on the development of robust contingency planning in line with strategic objectives and future delivery options;
- Negotiation – Leading on complex commercial negotiations and claims ensuring an effective resolution;
- Continuous Improvement – Taking the lead on a number of CI initiatives.;
- Supplier Management – Leading on supplier and contract management ensuring adherence to the obligations under the contract;
- Team Management – Ensuring a robust approach to contract and commercial management within the team; and supporting individuals within the team with their own professional development;
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Commercial Focus – Procurement and / or contract management experience that has helped deliver great value for money, as well as solutions that exceed the end users’ expectations.
- Resilient – The ability to work under pressure, be agile and deliver multiple projects within agreed timescales.
- Builds Relationships – Ability to quickly gain the respect of, and gain buy in from staff and stakeholders at all levels, exhibiting traits of a collaborative and engaging leader in a highly complex, fast moving environment.
- Coaching Manager – Strong leadership ability which has developed high performing teams and has been used to successfully manage projects.
- Supplier Management – A track record working of effectively with suppliers in a partnership approach.
Closing Date: Sunday 09th May 2021
- Address London
- Salary Offer £61,710 - £74,000 GCO Pension, GCO Terms. Up to 15% performance-related-pay available on accreditation.